Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Can someone please go into www.fergusonplus.com and see if it works properly ? It was down a little while ago, and totally empty. It seems to be up and running again by itself, just want to make sure others can access it too.

Thanks, Bill

Anyone know how the factory painted the black on the headlight rings on a 66 dart? A stencil?

I wonder about how they managed to paint the hub caps on my car. Must have been a horrible job to mask all that. A similar thing to your headlight rings. And now I start wondering if it was some kind of black on the 65 headlight rings too. I have to go back to Ulf's Dart Charger restoration. It takes forever to go through all that. :) Pleasant reading though. :D

Bill

If you buy a low quality part for your ignition, is it safe to say that you have a low quality ignition ? If you buy only low quality parts for your entire car, is it safe to say it is a low quality car ? If everyone in an entire country is buying only low quality whatever and fill up the whole country with it, is it safe to say that you have a low quality country ?

I used to think like this before I moved from Norway, and still think the same. It is plain sad that this has become the norm. In some cases people choose to buy low quality whatever it is, but most of the time that is the only choice people have because you can not get anything else than low quality from countries where labor is cheap. But, the interesting thing is that even if you get the things cheaper, they are not that much cheaper. If you pay 25% less for it, you can be sure the quality is more than 25% down and with troubleshooting and repairing you end up with a far higher cost than if you got the original high quality part. This is draining the rich countries for resources, and the poor countries economy is totally based on selling their low quality products to the same rich countries. At one point the resources in the rich countries will be gone, the economy will collaps, and the rich countries will be dirt poor, and the poor countries will be back to the stone age.

Sad development. And I am sorry I do not have a more positive attitude towards this issue.

Bill
Good point.
So go to parts store, low,medium and high quality part. All fit the same car. If they stocked only the high quality part they would sell more of them,and the two other spots could widen their inventory coverage. broader range of high quality products and the cheap stuff would be less in demand.
Higher volume means better discounts.

This one was fun to do!

06C57C57-4EF6-46CF-91A0-9B7A77A419D3.jpeg

Barely made it to work on time. Accidents tying up traffic. Main highway closed for hours cause a tractor trailer flipped. Extra traffic all diverted to already packed roads. :BangHead:Thought it would be an easy trip with no construction because it’s raining. Ugh

Barely made it to work on time. Accidents tying up traffic. Main highway closed for hours cause a tractor trailer flipped. Extra traffic all diverted to already packed roads. :BangHead:Thought it would be an easy trip with no construction because it’s raining. Ugh
Sounds like I blew out of there just in time, weather wise.......

Sounds like I blew out of there just in time, weather wise.......
Yep, was nice Monday and Tuesday...but today sucks. 1.5” of rain since noon and it’s still coming down. Road flooding everywhere and accidents on nearly every major road snarling traffic for hours.

Hey all checking in. We replaced the starter in the Barracuda today. I'd intended to put a mini-starter in, but it wouldn't fit with the 4 speed linkage.
Went back and got the correct replacement starter. I'm glad I did, it works and looks like new!!
Just a couple little things and I am done with this project...at least for now. :D

Fixed it!
Well your somewhat right. :)
When I pulled the dash for a repaint it suddenly turned into "well since I'm doing this I should go ahead and do that".
Much to the delight of a bored car guy neighbor needing something to do, it snow balled again and again to date.
Thankful for a supporting spouse, and the MOPAR family here, my Barracuda looks SO much better than it did when they took the pics for MOPAR Collector's Guide, or even when many of you here saw it last summer at Carlisle.
Really looking forward to MCACN in Chicago next month.

Well your somewhat right. :)
When I pulled the dash for a repaint it suddenly turned into "well since I'm doing this I should go ahead and do that".
Much to the delight of a bored car guy neighbor needing something to do, it snow balled again and again to date.
Thankful for a supporting spouse, and the MOPAR family here, my Barracuda looks SO much better than it did when they took the pics for MOPAR Collector's Guide, or even when many of you here saw it last summer at Carlisle.
Really looking forward to MCACN in Chicago next month.
I know exactly what you mean. My car was nice enough when I bought it 4 years ago, but it is very different now. Time, effort and attention to detail makes a huge difference. Here are some before and after shots...

Engine bay before and after.

2D182430-A576-496F-9DED-4DBF67F7B75C.jpeg

93A1631E-874D-4622-A648-D047BFE2214C.jpeg

Trunk before and after.

967F975E-5818-4C9A-B4AB-65ED382FFA78.jpeg

33377BF3-1BEE-4B4C-BCE2-55FE9329496A.jpeg

Suspension, wheels and paint finish before and after.

6EEC3590-C99B-41EB-A5FF-92E91D60BC44.jpeg

50111A34-A83D-4BD7-9861-5AD212BC1D90.jpeg

I knew you had one at least. Couldn't remember which vantage point it was from.
He actually gave me several to work with taken from multiple vantage points. I appreciate this one too since it is a bit different than the ones he gave me. Thanks!

Working on cleaning up and finalizing all the images for the 2020 calendar. Just finished redoing all the text in the talk balloons. It took me quite a while to figure out what font was used originally and then replacing it all in the correct size and spacing. Just a few more details to complete and this one is ready for print.

08A51DD3-1EFF-4497-8297-B684BC937DE8.jpeg

-
Back