Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
What happened to the original 340 that it came with? Did you install the crate 360? :thumbsup:
According to the records I got with the car, the original 340 threw a rod and windowed the block. The previous owner bought the MP 360 Magnum crate motor and had it installed about 10 years before I bought the car.

According to the records I got with the car, the original 340 threw a rod and windowed the block. The previous owner bought the MP 360 Magnum crate motor and had it installed about 10 years before I bought the car.
Was always wondering.........Thanks.....

Was it the Ign. module?
Yep. I replaced both the module and the coil and it fired right up. Then I swapped back in the old coil and it still ran fine. The ECU that failed only had about 200 miles on it. Chinese junk.

AD69CBD1-FB8E-4130-8A59-E0B8B601CA35.jpeg

78E177E4-0FA7-401F-BA6F-5740090F6C16.jpeg

Yep. I replaced both the module and the coil and it fired right up. Then I swapped back in the old coil and it still ran fine. The ECU that failed only had about 200 miles on it. Chinese junk.

View attachment 1715409149

View attachment 1715409150

If you buy a low quality part for your ignition, is it safe to say that you have a low quality ignition ? If you buy only low quality parts for your entire car, is it safe to say it is a low quality car ? If everyone in an entire country is buying only low quality whatever and fill up the whole country with it, is it safe to say that you have a low quality country ?

I used to think like this before I moved from Norway, and still think the same. It is plain sad that this has become the norm. In some cases people choose to buy low quality whatever it is, but most of the time that is the only choice people have because you can not get anything else than low quality from countries where labor is cheap. But, the interesting thing is that even if you get the things cheaper, they are not that much cheaper. If you pay 25% less for it, you can be sure the quality is more than 25% down and with troubleshooting and repairing you end up with a far higher cost than if you got the original high quality part. This is draining the rich countries for resources, and the poor countries economy is totally based on selling their low quality products to the same rich countries. At one point the resources in the rich countries will be gone, the economy will collaps, and the rich countries will be dirt poor, and the poor countries will be back to the stone age.

Sad development. And I am sorry I do not have a more positive attitude towards this issue.

Bill

Anyone know how the factory painted the black on the headlight rings on a 66 dart? A stencil?

Here you need a permit for everything, soon you need a permit to go to the little boys room too. Impact the environment. I am surprised human beings are allowed on this planet.

Bill
The eviction proceedings have already begun I beleive...

The color combo is striking....:thumbsup:
F8 green exterior with F6 green interior, just like the one I had 30 years ago!

After I got her running and cleaned up, I discovered that the factory music master radio still works. I just needed to plug the antenna back into it. So I pulled out that ugly underdash radio.

152829E5-A5D1-45EB-9572-4E93E1750BC3.jpeg

Anyone know how the factory painted the black on the headlight rings on a 66 dart? A stencil?
The black band around the bezel was painted using a pre-fabricated 2 piece reuseable mask and then the Black was sprayed. One piece masked the inside and the other masked the outside.

D0D28386-C7CD-446C-855E-7D377DD12FF2.jpeg

I guess masking tape could work......
At one time, someone was making die cut vinyl ones that you could just apply. They were also making the red band that goes around the dog dish hub caps. I bought a set of those red bands and they fit perfectly.

C445249B-CCE4-43F9-B243-71F6C30C7B7C.jpeg

-
Back