Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yo Timmy...Hey I'll get that window crank pic done this morning.

Rear window cranks 67 convertible.

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

On the front of my shop,an old machine shed i converted was a cement slab to keep the sliding doors in place. Yesterday i decided it was time to remove the ledge i have been driving over for 10 years. And there was an excavator parked in my yard.
Entrance is better now, but i sure made a mess of the driveway, pulling gravel to fill the hole. Then it had to rain last night.
Its kind of swampy now. :BangHead:

Chris, The front drums on my 65 are separate from the hubs. In other words, they just slide over the studs. Bought em at Rock Auto..Hahahaha, cause I could wait..
ahh ok. the polara is sweged hubs to the drums

Actually... The State of Pa just sent me a letter, for tax returns... I did register with them a few years ago. But have never filed anything. Now they are on me !!!!!!!

You shouldn't have registered... Now you are on their radar...

So I have a pair of bucket seats for the valiant wagon because at the time I couldn't find a 4 door non folding forward bench seat. That plus I thought it was cooler to go buckets.

Now I have chance to get a decent bench.

What do you guys like better, a good ol bench or some sporty buckets??

Bench seems better for a wagon... and for making out with your date.... :D

Hahaha, I know this is a few days late. I've been doing well. All of the summer festivities we had planned are now finally complete and we really do not have anything on the calendar for the rest of the year. Its kind of a good feeling to have free weekends. How have you been doing?

I'm doing ok... Working during the week and trying to work on cars on weekends when I'm not mowing the lawn for me and the neighbor...

The local weather nerd mentioned last night "150 days since any measureable rainfall, but" and showed a satellite photo of a big ole twisty lookin storm off Baja "slight chance of rain in the forecast". NWS says it will be the same ole same ole dry and mid 70s all the way down the coast to Tim's place. I will be scrounging around to find material to build the bracket for the turn indicators on the motorcicle and finish the trimming on the new fairing. I don't care what the fairing does to the wind flow in regards to me, but it's going to look just like I wanted it to :D.

0926181157.jpg
0926181157a.jpg
0926181157b.jpg
0926181206.jpg
ahh ok. the polara is sweged hubs to the drums
Chris, Look at these pics. The right side was swedged Drum to hub. So I used a cutoff wheel around the bottom of the studs. Comes apart. Only thing I dont like, is the shoulder is still on the studs, unlike the other side ( I think someone changed the studs ). So Im goin over to the parts store with my didgital caliper to get new studs , with a shorter shoulder.. @dukeboy_318

View attachment 1715228348 View attachment 1715228349 View attachment 1715228350 View attachment 1715228351
Chris, Look at these pics. The right side was swedged Drum to hub. So I used a cutoff wheel around the bottom of the studs. Comes apart. Only thing I dont like, is the shoulder is still on the studs, unlike the other side ( I think someone changed the studs ). So Im goin over to the parts store with my didgital caliper to get new studs , with a shorter shoulder.. @dukeboy_318
i'll look into this then! thanks mitch

Ton of work there Mitch. :thumbsup:
I thought I'd been done with work early enough to go down to the garage. Too late now. Try again tommorrow morning.

The left front wheel on the Belve was locked up. Barley able to get it on the lift. Then I tried to untighten the adjuster , thru the hole, Nope thats frozen. Tried to beat it in, away from the shoes, Nope. Unbolted the wheel cyl, from the back side and the hose. Drove the cyl into the opening to disengage the shoes.. Finally got drum off, LOL

No key for the locking gas cap on the fuel filler tube. Removed tube, put in vise. Go to work with cut off tool, being careful not to hit fill tube, Drilled out lock cyl, finally got that off........

B8814C21-AE79-433E-9E8F-DAE0A3659CC1.jpeg

81 chevy chassis. Its overheating. Or lets say running hot.
Rad is a new ihc 3 core.
But its quite high,1/3 of fan is below rad, as i bring up rpms it sounds like cavitation.
Theres 6” of dead air above fan as well.
Timing is bang on factory settings,plugs look good so im leaning towards an air flow problem.

View attachment 1715228369
81 chevy chassis. Its overheating. Or lets say running hot.
Rad is a new ihc 3 core.
But its quite high,1/3 of fan is below rad, as i bring up rpms it sounds like cavitation.
Theres 6” of dead air above fan as well.
Timing is bang on factory settings,plugs look good so im leaning towards an air flow problem.
I had one o dem, a few years ago..But mine was ALL stock.....
116-1634_IMG.JPG
116-1636_IMG.JPG

-
Back