Storage Wars

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm going to one of those storage war auctions today. It's being put on by one of the local moving lines and the auction starts at noon. Should be interesting. I don't think there will be any cars as the limit per unit is 1200 lbs. You never know though, there might be something there for me. You only have 15 minutes to look in the units before the auction starts and you are not allowed to enter them, just look from the door. I'm armed with a mag light, pad and pen and my wife to make the others back off. LOL

Jack

Good luck with it! Take pictures and don't forget to post them up.

I have my first delinquent tennant, and if he doesn't pay today, I'll be hosting a lien sale in 15 days :)

Just got back. I bought one lot. I don't know what all is there yet but it looks like I may have got a stand up tool box full of tools. I leaned on it and it didn't budge and I could see tools in 2 of the drawers. There is also some other tools, floor jack, jack stands and some other stuff. I won't know for sure what I got until tonight. I pick everything up on the way home. Stay tuned for an update and pics tonight.

Jack

Not to highjack but I have a question. When a storage locker is to be sold, what keeps the owner of the storage business from going thru the unit and taking all the good stuff for himself?

Not to highjack but I have a question. When a storage locker is to be sold, what keeps the owner of the storage business from going thru the unit and taking all the good stuff for himself?

Nothing that I know of. As a matter of fact a few of the lockers looked like they had been gone through.

Jack

Good luck Jack!!! And don't forget to practice your YEP!!! ..... YEP!!! .........

PETE....

...and people who rent storage units put some cool **** in the dumpster.

Last week I found an acetylene cutting torch head, a DA that looks like it's from the 1950's, a really old Coleman stove type unit with porcelain handles, three quarts of unopened 5w30 Havoline oil, and a coffee can full of Craftsman sockets and wrenches including a 1/2" drive ratchet, two 3 stone cylinder hones-....and a perfect packing tape dipenser...the good $25 kind.

Two weeks before that I found about 75 lbs of reasonably clean scrap metal.
Looked like driveshafts and CV half shafts, plus some 1/8"- 1 1/2" square tube stock.
Also about 3 dozen good, old wire clothes hangers...you never know when you'll need to fish keys out or wire up that exhaust

...and people who rent storage units put some cool **** in the dumpster.

Last week I found an acetylene cutting torch head, a DA that looks like it's from the 1950's, a really old Coleman stove type unit with porcelain handles, three quarts of unopened 5w30 Havoline oil, and a coffee can full of Craftsman sockets and wrenches including a 1/2" drive ratchet, two 3 stone cylinder hones-....and a perfect packing tape dipenser...the good $25 kind.

Two weeks before that I found about 75 lbs of reasonably clean scrap metal.
Looked like driveshafts and CV half shafts, plus some 1/8"- 1 1/2" square tube stock.
Also about 3 dozen good, old wire clothes hangers...you never know when you'll need to fish keys out or wire up that exhaust

If your saving everything you find..HOARDERS will be doing a show with you!! lol

Was Brandy There??? If she was there wearing this I could not concentrate on any of the units, that's for sure......

Attachments

• 600full-brandi-passante.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 25,525
This is Brandi.....
66b72f892e85765

brandi-passante1.png

-
Back