STRANGE axel twisted?

-
Your leaving the line at 2000rpm with a 8" 4500 stall race torque converter???

I have a 5000 stall 8" converter in my Dart Sport and I also leave around 2000, that's where my quickest and most consistant times come from!

How long do you think 2000rpms is going to last when leaving the line,the rpm will be greater with a blink of an eye.

I've had 30 spline Mosers in my 8.75 for over 20 years. I had those same axles cut down and resplined when I did the Scamp. Never a problem. And BTW CB is correct, no one makes a 40 spline for the 8.75. I think you just got a crappy axle.

I've had 30 spline Mosers in my 8.75 for over 20 years. I had those same axles cut down and resplined when I did the Scamp. Never a problem. And BTW CB is correct, no one makes a 40 spline for the 8.75. I think you just got a crappy axle.
Guitar,I had mentioned picking up a Dana complete and maybe getting the 40 splined axels and spool for it.Best to build for future power adders.:toothy8:

Well I,ve been racing all summer with my replaced axel in my narrowed C-body 8 3/4.I,ve now replaced with a brand new narrowed Dana 60.New 35 spline axels,4.56 Pro gears and spool,billet yoke.Also new chrome-moly driveshaft with 1350 u-joints.I have it all installed now:cheers:

Upon removal of my 8 3/4 and swapping my brakes and backing plates,I noticed how bent the housing is.I have gussets welded on the backs of my perches also(obviously to much heat)has weakened the area.:violent1:

Well all is new now and hope my rear problems are over...on to racing!
View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 359.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 362.jpg

View attachment 66 Dart project Nov2010 360.jpg

Holy cow Scott that housing is bent. Good call on swapping it out. Bet you won't bend that Dana. :thumbup:

Everything has a limitation. Which axel was it? Just wondering if you limited your hard accelerations to straight line?

Everything has a limitation. Which axel was it? Just wondering if you limited your hard accelerations to straight line?
Yes hard acceleration only in a straight line.LOL.Odd as it is,it,s the drivers side that twisted,the bend is on the pass. side.:wack:

-
Back