Strange S-60 anyone use one?

-

1967formulaS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I Pulled the original 8 3/4 rear end out of my 67 barracuda Fastback formula S. Its pretty stuffed, twisted axles, chewed up spider gear in the suregrip, crown and pinion marks where the teeth have been bouncing around the housing. basically just all crap.
I've priced up all the bits I need to get this back together and I could almost buy the Strange S-60 from strange or Dr diff for the same dollars.

Is anyone out there running these diffs? anyone got pics, and is there anything to take into account like brakes or backing plates ( I have Drum Rear).

I have heard you may have tail pipe clearance problems and also fuel tank interference. Not for sure,just a maybe.

I have Strange S 60 in my car , they are great units , i bought mine with the Eaton true trac posi unit that does not require posi gear lube . It also has the mounting holes for pinion snubber . Its actually just like a stock Dana 60 . There really best deal out there , they come with axles ( any spline you want ) you can even get it with disc brakes installed . I bought mine about 5 yrs ago and it $1873.00 delivered to my front door .

Order a new S-60 from Doctor Diff two weeks ago......the only thing Cass said about interference was if you had a stock gas tank and wanted the aluminum girdle cover....

Order a new S-60 from Doctor Diff two weeks ago......the only thing Cass said about interference was if you had a stock gas tank and wanted the aluminum girdle cover....
no clearance problems w/ the cut down dana 60 out of a 3/4 ton truck, in a68 barracuda:cheers:

I have Strange S 60 in my car , they are great units , i bought mine with the Eaton true trac posi unit that does not require posi gear lube . It also has the mounting holes for pinion snubber . Its actually just like a stock Dana 60 . There really best deal out there , they come with axles ( any spline you want ) you can even get it with disc brakes installed . I bought mine about 5 yrs ago and it $1873.00 delivered to my front door .

Same here, in fact, we have the same exact set up. I already had a disc brake kit but Cass walked me through the ordering process because I was ordering a custom width. Strange drop shipped it to my work because they needed some place with a loading dock. No clearance issues with a steel cover.

IMG_5601Medium.jpg

Cass, AKA Dr Diff, is the most knowledgeable driveline and brake guy I ever met. Great guy too. Highly recommended!

-
Back