streering help!!!!!!

-

sbmopar318

Reaction score
ok so here is my situation i got a power steering k member and a power steering colum now what do i need to do to run a manual steering box?? do i need an adapter or should it work fine please if someone has been down this road help????????

K members are the same, but the best option to extend the steering shaft, since the manual box is shorter, is to buy the Flaming River extension. That is what I have.

ok cool thats what i was thinking i would have to do now only if it doesnt cost an arm and a leg

well thank you and yes pricy which one did you get??

I had that firmfeel one for a while, and ended up selling it at a swap meet. I just didn't like it, and don't think it is even in the neighborhood of the Flaming River part.

The ff piece has a fixed length, that just seemed to short for my application, and I have no idea why there would be any variation.

The FR piece has an extremely long shaft that slides down inside the u joint, in fact I cut some of it off. No worries on it ever coming apart. The quality of it made the $$ seem well worth it.

YA i bet that would be nice i wish i was that far along im just starting the reassembly process doing new body plusg n carpet this weekend but thanks for the info you really helped me out

I had that firmfeel one for a while, and ended up selling it at a swap meet. I just didn't like it, and don't think it is even in the neighborhood of the Flaming River part.

The ff piece has a fixed length, that just seemed to short for my application, and I have no idea why there would be any variation.

The FR piece has an extremely long shaft that slides down inside the u joint, in fact I cut some of it off. No worries on it ever coming apart. The quality of it made the $$ seem well worth it.

i agree. the FR is a nice piece..

-
Back