Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
YES! How great... this is from 'Giant' Auto parts from the 'shoplifter' sign, but I recognised it immediately as being a "Whitlock" . The same company operated under Giant, Strum and Whitlock depending upon what part of the country; I worked at Whitlock for awhile in the very early 80s. These photos appear to be from about then - late 70s/early 80s from the accessories and parts shown. Given the sizes of the displays, this musta been a 'SuperStore'.
Been looking for 'Whitlock' photos for ages and have found very few - any idea where you found these?
Thanx again for posting.
you know im stealing that, right.jpg

This Camaro had 7000 miles on it and the kid stripped all the wiring out of it for weight.It was C/MP car since new.

7500miles.jpg

This mustang only had 10000 miles on it,I knew the orig owner.He owned city Press here in town.It was a 351 Cleveland 4 spd car.Another friend of mine bought it in the very early 80's.He just sold it a couple of years ago.

scan0013.jpg

This is a very early picture of my Swinger because it has Super Tricks on the front,1975-76.And in the back is ifitsgotwheels 1965 Formula S Cuda.The guy who bought it brought it to me to put a 340 in it...

supertrickdart.jpg

My Dart at the 1979 Car Show here in town.I never put it in myself a friend did all the work,I just dropped it off and picked it up.When I picked it up they wouldn't let me start inside as it was too loud.

dartatshow.jpg

I think this is the Dart right after the Car Show right after unloading.

1979.jpg

My Dart at the 1979 Car Show here in town.I never put it in myself a friend did all the work,I just dropped it off and picked it up.When I picked it up they wouldn't let me start inside as it was too loud.

View attachment 1716218271
you currently have a thing for 69 Darts! not that I disagree, just too expensive now.
the noise reminds me of my 70 Swinger; I'd idle past cars in the parking lot at work and set off alarms.

I love that last picture, and remember that phase where we all painted the underside of the car white including wheel wells and rear end housings. It was the thing for a while and for the cost of a box of white enamel paint spray cans, you could be cool too!!!

-
Back