Street Freaks, Customs, Rods, Street Machines...60's 70's 80's

-
00v0v_actmfASggBBz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
00909_YPAKJDWwI7z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

:eek::wtf::realcrazy:

We’ll, it’s definitely “Unconventional”.
In the late 70’s, we’d take the body off an old VW, and have a blast in the woods with it. Remove the steering rag joint and strap a gas can somewhere. Then put junk pile big old snow tires on it. They were fast (relative) with all of that body weight gone. The muffler would would rip off in the first dip. Lol. Most fun I ever had with cars, and I didn’t realize it.

We’ll, it’s definitely “Unconventional”.
In the late 70’s, we’d take the body off an old VW, and have a blast in the woods with it. Remove the steering rag joint and strap a gas can somewhere. Then put junk pile big old snow tires on it. They were fast (relative) with all of that body weight gone. The muffler would would rip off in the first dip. Lol. Most fun I ever had with cars, and I didn’t realize it.

Take your standard Bug belly pan cut it 14 1/2" shorter add
th?id=OIP.jpg
and have some fun :lol:
Guy I knew at the Cadillac dealer in the old homeland removed another 12" from both :steering:
Wheelbase and track width, pretty much square :eek:
Handled like a go kart.
Stock 1600 cc, tap the throttle in 1st and up come the front end :rofl:
My buddy Eddie fit a Baja Bug body to a cut down belly pan like a Manx.
Bus transaxle for the big gears and that 4" of lift, some 15" X 30" Terra Tires :eek:.
I think he made little numbers and letters out of copper tubing to resemble the DOT markings and branded those tires, cuz no way were they street legal :rofl:

Last edited:
1835-

...and it's still a six cylinder.

-
Back