Street light question????

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
I was waiting for the light to change today while i was driving my 1967 barracuda around town.
The car next to me looks over and says ---NICE CAR MAN!!!:supz:
He also said he had not seen one in a long time.
I said thanks for the compliment and smiled.8)

Turning back towards the light to make sure i was not holding up traffic, he asked a second question.
IT'S GOT THE 454,,,,,, RIGHT???:sad3:
When i told him it was a 318 ,he kind of looked like.....well>>>>:toothy5:
He just smiled and i drove away.

Sometimes I'm getting gas or at a street light and someone would SAY nice car!!! then they would ask it is was a nova?, No it's a Plymouth duster !!! i know what you mean. so it just show us that they appreciate the car no matter if they know what it is or not,I just can't figure out why a nova the Duster is a far better looking car than that Chevy thing. keep driven and keep them quess'n

He said it was a nice lookin car. You gotta compliment. Not everybody's a car guy/gal.

Any compliment is a good compliment. Obviously just doesn't know his motors. When I had my 273 a guy complimented how much he loved the car, and then proceeded to ask if the smakk block was a 6 cylinder. I just smiled told him 8 and we kept chatting.

The latest I was asked, "Is that the Windsor engine?"

Sometimes I'm getting gas or at a street light and someone would SAY nice car!!! then they would ask it is was a nova?, No it's a Plymouth duster !!! i know what you mean. so it just show us that they appreciate the car no matter if they know what it is or not,I just can't figure out why a nova the Duster is a far better looking car than that Chevy thing. keep driven and keep them quess'n

I get that all the time! Why does everyone think that the Duster is a Nova! haha man it drives me nuts!

I hear this alot from Duster guys. Maybe they are screwing with you. Start pulling up to Novas and telling them "That's one awesome Duster man!"

The way I see it there are plenty of morons out there, but most just genuinely like the old cars. Unfortunately all they know is 454, or Nova.

Why does everyone think that the Duster is a Nova! haha man it drives me nuts!
2 reasons;
Because the Nova's shape in '68 till the mid 70's was the same with little change. Same for the Duster.

Chrysler corp needed a car to compete head to head with the Nova, in 70 they came out with the Duster. To the non-car guy/gal, there extremely close in looks. After all a non car person dosen't pay that much attention to cars, they look the same. It's just a car.

Fast foward many years and the differences that were slight are non existant to them now. Memories fade and the car is a simple reminder of things they can barley remember. After all, the 60's and 70's were good on the partying years.

I can't tell half the boring homogenous new cars apart nowdays. I dont really watch much motorsport because the cars all look the same to me. Fast forward 30 years into the future, and I'll probably be in the same boat as the guy at the lights beside you.

Yeah, my dad can pick out the mid 60's and down fords, Chryslers, Nash, Packards, you got it, he can tell you what year, how he knows, and the diffeent trim packages, etc......

A 70 Duster looks like a 74 to him.... LOL

Kinda like me and trucks, I can tell you the difference between a 70 GMC, Chev, what is differnt, when the doofus put GMC fenders on a chev, what year Dodges went to inner/outer bed sides, when the wipers went from out out, to out in, when they got swaybars, that the 69 king pin is smaller on the 3/4 ton than the 70 king pin, when they started putting the dimples around the door handles...... But I have no cluse when they went from the 94 body style to the new plastic style, on the 1/2 tons, or bigger, when the 4.7 came out, and when they changed the interrior somewhere between 95 and 98.......

It's all what you are interested in.

I can't tell half the boring homogenous new cars apart nowdays. I dont really watch much motorsport because the cars all look the same to me. Fast forward 30 years into the future, and I'll probably be in the same boat as the guy at the lights beside you.
i totally agree, folk trying so hard to conform,cars,houses,dress sense,music.....................and im tyring so hard NOT TOO:bootysha: here in uk i get "ooh i wish i could afford one of them or oooh the petrol<gas> stations must love you...how many gallons to the mils...." i ride a chopper too and oddly enough my neibhour<boring life> said i was having a midlife crisis!!! cheeky c:stop::stop:t ive always had different types of cars and bikes,ive nothing to prove just enjoying life.ps my barracuda used to have the words PLYMOUTH down the side somone once said..... nice charger........mmmmmmmmmmm

ive been asked nova so many times thats what i tell people sometimes, even when they are standing right behind the car with the scamp badge in plain sight

yea, its a nova (With a huge smile and a little chuckle lol)

I was at the gas station last night and a HOT MILF pulled up next to me, I meen she was smokin HOT! I start my Duster and she looks and says "nice car, what year DUSTER is that"? I almost had a heart attack and immediately fell in love!!! AWWWWWW

Latest for me,I filled up with gas and when I went inside a guy was standing there looking at my car. He said it was a very nice 73,did it have a 318?
Never had anyone be that far off on the year.8)

2 reasons;
Because the Nova's shape in '68 till the mid 70's was the same with little change. Same for the Duster.

Chrysler corp needed a car to compete head to head with the Nova, in 70 they came out with the Duster. To the non-car guy/gal, there extremely close in looks. After all a non car person dosen't pay that much attention to cars, they look the same. It's just a car.

Fast foward many years and the differences that were slight are non existant to them now. Memories fade and the car is a simple reminder of things they can barley remember. After all, the 60's and 70's were good on the partying years.

Ugh sad! :( I hate the fact that there is less appreciation for cars everyday!

I was at the gas station last night and a HOT MILF pulled up next to me, I meen she was smokin HOT! I start my Duster and she looks and says "nice car, what year DUSTER is that"? I almost had a heart attack and immediately fell in love!!! AWWWWWW

Yup... that was probably me! :D ... haha I'm jk. But hey you are lucky to find girls like that. Most women dont even realize or even acknowledge the GOOD cars!

I kid you not: Three days ago, I was driving (the Duster, of course), and spotted a white car off in the distance in the same direction of travel as I, so I was looking at the rear. I asked my buddy riding with me if that could be a Duster. There was some chrome around the taillights that I could see from even 1/8th or more mile away, so I was thinking '73 to '76. He said, no, I think it's a Nova. Caught up to it at the light, and he was right.

Now why did I not think Nova, or even Volare? I see practically everything BUT Dusters around where I live. Probably because Dusters are all I think about. I'm still a fool, though. Maybe these people are just narrow minded like I am :)

Yup... that was probably me! :D ... haha I'm jk. But hey you are lucky to find girls like that. Most women dont even realize or even acknowledge the GOOD cars!

yea, you are right...my girlfriend loves my car, but thats because she's seen me build it for 3 years and appreciates...but most times if im at a light beside a girl, especially ones my age, the dirty looks begin...maybe its too loud or they just dont like it because its not an audi or range rover lol

yea, you are right...my girlfriend loves my car, but thats because she's seen me build it for 3 years and appreciates...but most times if im at a light beside a girl, especially ones my age, the dirty looks begin...maybe its too loud or they just dont like it because its not an audi or range rover lol

That is very true... that or they smell the gas and think " That is so bad for our environment" haha I get a kick out of these things...oh well! Just appreciate the women that do know!

One time I was lost while driving my Dart. There was a lady in the lane next to me at the light with a little dog sitting in the passengers seat. So I try to get her attention to ask her for directions. She rolled up her window and took her dog and made it sit in the back seat. She would not even look over at me.

-
Back