Street Outlaw star dies in wreck.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Street Outlaws Racing star Cali Nate has died after crashing during a street race in Maverick County last night.

The tragic accident occurred at the 12-mile marker "Airport Area," where street races are held at least once a month.

Nate was transported to Fort Duncan Regional Medical Center for treatment and evaluation, but was pronounced deceased that same night.

The racing community has reacted and is saddened by Nate's passing.

"Cali Nate's life was a testament to his passion for racing and his ability to make those around him feel valued and cared for." His girlfriend, Courtney Marie Paulshock, and his friend Gregory Mills, among others, spoke very well about Nate’s character and the impact it had on their lives. "

The crash is being investigated by local authorities.

IMG_2340.jpeg

IMG_2341.jpeg

RIP Nate.
I see the end nearing for street outlaws racing on the streets.

Damn, that's horrible and too bad for him and his family

What a shame. May he rest in peace. The driver's area didn't look too crushed. I wonder what happened?

RIP to the Z Unit. Nate was a good dude. I didn't realize he was so well known until this happened as I don't follow SO.

I saw the Z Unit leave on the bumper up close and personal a few times and it was an intense experience.

This was the guy that was always more engrossed in helping fellow racers than working on his own car in my experience. A lot of good racers and cars came from his shop. He seemed to have a positive effect on a lot of younger people getting started in drag racing.

RIP to the Z Unit. Nate was a good dude. I didn't realize he was so well known until this happened as I don't follow SO.

I saw the Z Unit leave on the bumper up close and personal a few times and it was an intense experience.

This was the guy that was always more engrossed in helping fellow racers than working on his own car in my experience. A lot of good racers and cars came from his shop. He seemed to have a positive effect on a lot of younger people getting started in drag racing.
That makes his loss even more difficult. It seems to be kinda a dying hobby with some of the younger generations.

It looks like it burned. Horrible ending regardless of the means.
Ok, I see now. The lighting in the picture was kinda funky and I didn't see it before. That was a bad deal.

My son and I used to watch every episode of street outlaws together and usually cook up a pizza. JJ’s show was kinda corny and the odds were stacked against anyone racing their team but it was still a car show. Around that time my son moved in to a house 7 miles away with his girlfriend and kids so I lost that time together. I loved the yearly fastest street car get togethers as that was some good street racing. Then we moved to the track and ran at different tracks. I started to lose interest when what’s his name in the red Camero won almost every race. Then I just totally stopped watching but still recorded the show but never watched them. Then I stopped recording them. So it’s probably been three years for me now with zero Interest in any of the shows.

I don't know if from street outlaws but he was in plenty of 1320's videos of street racing. Seemed like a really cools dude.

I don't know if from street outlaws but he was in plenty of 1320's videos of street racing. Seemed like a really cools dude.
Cali Nate appeared in some of the Fastest in America and Mega Cash Days shows. He wasn't part of the regular Street Outlaws group.

Being a fan of the Street Outlaws show the first time Cali Nate appeared on the show I thought he was nothing but another big mouth trash talker but then his performance behind the wheel justified the trash talk. In later appearances he was shown more helping other racers set up and tune their cars and helping them in any way he could if they were having troubles. Changed my perception of the man. I always saw him racing his 'My Little Pony' fox body Mustang. From what I hear, he ran this Z car on the extreme edge of control. Regardless, this is a tragic outcome and another talented person taken far too soon.

I thought he was just another mouthpiece the first couple times he was on the show, but I have to agree, he ran the wheels off that fox body and put some of the big names on the trailer.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Tragedy.
A true statement. Some people "LOVE" the thrill of dangerous hobbies. Any kind of racing, sky diving, boxing or any other hard sports. Many die or are injured in NASCAR. Indy or even your local Roundy, rounds. It's a chance you take to have your personal run. Driving on the interstate is a chance we all take every day. At least Cali Nate died, doing what he love most. Houdini, did the same, in his own way.

"... where street races are held at least once a month"
Is this a public road and not closed for racing by authorities? If so, strange the Police wouldn't learn of the regular races and shut it down. Race tracks have provisions for safety. Paul Walker ("Fast and Furious") died in showing off on a public street when the Corvette ran into a light post. You won't encounter those on a race track.

A lot of people died to make us all safer. And that’s from crosswalks, to driving two mile for a load of groceries, to flying to grandmas house for Turkey dinner, to taking cars that were built to handle 55 mph safety. And we are dying to safe others in the future. Small example is the Hawn’s device for cars running over 150 mph that goes into effect this year.

Not that it really matters, doesn't change anything, not even the perception of the guy, but Paul Walker died after getting in with a friend as a passenger in the friends Porsche Carrera GT. Yes, it was a public street, but, then again, who of us hasn't jumped in a car with a friend?
"... where street races are held at least once a month"
Is this a public road and not closed for racing by authorities? If so, strange the Police wouldn't learn of the regular races and shut it down. Race tracks have provisions for safety. Paul Walker ("Fast and Furious") died in showing off on a public street when the Corvette ran into a light post. You won't encounter those on a race track.
So far as Cali Nate, yes, gone to soon, but we all know the risk of the things we do, and still take the chance, assuming it will never happen to me.
I work around livestock (including bucking bulls), large farm equipment, ride dirt bikes, ride horses, drag race, 480 volt electricity, etc. We all take chances to live "our" life, and sometimes we do pay the price.

This should be a good nudge to anyone without some form of fire supression in their hotrod. My caged cars have fire systems, which are not prohibitively expensive.

I do not know the exact chain of events but my understanding is that it took 45 minutes to extract him from the car. My helper has the battery powered sawzall and a clean agent foam extinguisher in the truck and trailer, which I park right at the 1/8th mile. My instructions include clipping the roof if necessary - whatever it takes to get me away from danger. Metal can be we
ded back together, we cannot.

Think ahead - have a plan

The life you save could be your own.

Again, this should be a big wake up call to all racers.

-
Back