Street Racing on Route 66? Heck Yea.

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
3 Days of legal street racing in Kingman AZ on old Route 66 is coming.
They close off the old Route 66 right in town for 1/8 drags.
I ***** about not having any cool events around here, but here is a good one.
Gonna have to go at least one day, and my youngest Son lives on the street they closing down for the event.
Maybe he'll let me crash on his sofa.:D
Click the link for the info, and here's a video of when they did this before.

Kingman Route 66 Street Drags

Last edited:
Street race ? lol dragsters and track cars should be left to the discovery channel and street outlaws.
Now, if someone shows up with a 9 sec full interior car, then we have a street race. like back in the day.
I would still have a good time at an event like that, just because it happens. Love it !
Have a good time !

Looked like a burnout contest! I guess the old 66 tarmac has little chance hooking up with drag tires. Can anyone lift the tires?

You disagree with my post ? lol So you're taking the dragster. lol

Nope not into dragsters, but I have no problem with track cars running on the street. In fact I think it would be cool to see a Street Car whip up on the track cars. I just think anything fast on the street would be cool to watch. No offense intended as you have a right to your opinion. I like fast cars any where. :) :)

We aint cool enough around here to get to do that !

They shut down Route 66 in El Reno,OK for small town weekend every year. There is a pretty good size car show. They have a burnout contest in the AM. And drag racing in the PM.

That's not TOO far from you.

They shut down Route 66 in El Reno,OK for small town weekend every year. There is a pretty good size car show. They have a burnout contest in the AM. And drag racing in the PM.

That's not TOO far from you.

The Tulsa powers that be , wouldn`t even let the goofball outlaws have a second street race here , even being a completely "behind the scene" staged, which all of them are .
Outside of the cars big money , their about as fake as u can get .

The Tulsa powers that be , wouldn`t even let the goofball outlaws have a second street race here , even being a completely "behind the scene" staged, which all of them are .
Outside of the cars big money , their about as fake as u can get .

They do PLENTY of street racing. The show is all staged since they need lights, multiple camera angles, etc. Midwest Automotive shop is about 1/2 mile from my house. There are black marks all around here from those guys. I have seen the black GTO on the street ONCE, they aren't "street cars" like they are portrayed or everyone believes. They are cars that are raced on a public street. Thats all.

They have other cars that they still get down on the street with. Chief has a CTS-V that sounds wild, I've only ever seen it with slicks and skinny's.

Murder nova has a white trailblazer SS. Me and my wife went to dinner a couple months ago in the Viper, he caught me on Hwy 152 and about 1 second into the race I realized I was done for! That has to be 1,000+ horsepower.

They do PLENTY of street racing. The show is all staged since they need lights, multiple camera angles, etc. Midwest Automotive shop is about 1/2 mile from my house. There are black marks all around here from those guys. I have seen the black GTO on the street ONCE, they aren't "street cars" like they are portrayed or everyone believes. They are cars that are raced on a public street. Thats all.

They have other cars that they still get down on the street with. Chief has a CTS-V that sounds wild, I've only ever seen it with slicks and skinny's.

Murder nova has a white trailblazer SS. Me and my wife went to dinner a couple months ago in the Viper, he caught me on Hwy 152 and about 1 second into the race I realized I was done for! That has to be 1,000+ horsepower.

CUBIC TV MONEY FOR SURE --------

Now reconsidering the place for retirement...... the wife can always come and visit I guess.....

LMAO!!!

-
Back