Street Strip 904

-

wishihadahemi

Reaction score
We have a mid 70's 904 going into a 72 Dart Full Interior Coloum Shift, 360 (400-450 HP)
What trans kit/shift kit do you recomend?
What mod's?
We want to be able to manually shift and also leave in drive and have kickdown.
Does someone make or have suggestions for avoiding the low to second band overlap?
Is there anythingelese that needs to be considered?

If you still want to retain the automatic feature,i suggest the TurboAction part #17676,it'll let you shift manually at the track but still retain the auto shift,by the way are you running a higher stall converter,i would also suggest running a deeper pan and tranny cooler...

I'd suggest the Trans-go TF-2 kit. It retains all the automatic features but also lets you manual shift at any time. It also addresses the problem of shift overlap that many other shift improver kits don't. Due to that it is a little more costly and is more work to install but it is worth the time and money. It's the only kit I use for a street and strip car. Also if you wan't a little snappier shift along with it you can make a blocker rod for the accumulator. The only disadvantage to doing this is it shifts quite firm at low speeds.

If your running 400-450 hp through it make sure the trans. is in really good condition because it won't live long if it isn't. If your completely going through it make sure and shim all the clearances to spec. and shim the excess clearance in the drivetrain assy. that Ma Mopar left loose from the factory. If you do this you'll have a great working 904 for a long time.

Oh yeah. Like 340S said about a deep pan and cooler are a great addition also.

Thinking of doing the same type of deal. What else is there??????? I'm pretty greek to tanny info.

-
Back