Streetmaster 318 vs. Performer for street use

Edebrock w/ mech secondaries OR Holley w/ vac secondaries?

• Total voters
-

I think this is the street dominator they are comparing to the street master.
A smaller open plenum with narrow runners giving more low end torque and more higher end rpm power.

The short runners are good for rpm and the fact that they are narrow gives increased torque.

The one you show is supposed to make more torque from what I've read.

I think.......not sure

And is it worth it if you already have a streetmaster. To switch it out for thevdominatir if you want increased fuel economy. I just want to drive it caring less about how much power it has.

Last edited:
This is a 8 year old thread with lots of bad information.

There's probably a hundred threads here on the same subject. Use the search function to find them. You need to do lots of homework to choose the right combination of parts so they all work together.

I'm in the process of upgrading things like
Electric fan
Headers
Open up the exhaust some
Better profile cam
Better ignition system

To make a combination of parts work together

This is specifically about the intake for mileage.
The homework shows a variety of opinions ranging from the

Sp2p
Offenhauser dual port
Street master
Holley Dominator
Edelbrock performer

These intakes keep coming up in the threads. They are all old and designed during the gas crunch or slightly after. A lot of opinions out there

Has anyone come out with an intake for the 318 recently that has the best of both worlds.....

Last edited:
Edelbrock LD4B. They haven't made them for years but come up for sale here and on E bay. Here's a couple threads:
intake manifold for ebay 001.jpg
Edelbrock LD4B
Best Intake Manifolds For A '273 or 318'

Go with an Ede Performer, and be done with it.
Cheap, Plentiful, Torque, Street Manners.
Whats not to like ?
You will be hard pressed to find a better all around manifold for the 318.

There's probably a hundred threads here on the same subject. Use the search function to find them. You need to do lots of homework to choose the right combination of parts so they all work together.
ant but a couple involving the street domanator!! ive looked! mostly sale post!

like to see more info on all these intakes and what thay work on and for what as what info is out is very confusing and contradictory....

The ld4b has an excellent reputation.

Someone also suggested the offenhauser dual port. 2 intakes stacked on top of eachother. A gas mileage intake that falls flat at 4000 rpm.
These intakes aren't for high performance anyway. I just cruise my car and drive around town.

The street master that is on there has good low end and decent mid range So far. I'm putting a Holley 600 on there soon to see how that does. The present carburetor limits me from having a kick down cable.

The present carburetor limits me from having a kick down cable.

You better remedy that real fast or your next thread will be why did my trans fail. The throttle pressure linkage (the proper name for the kickdown linkage) regulates pressure to the clutch packs and band servo's. If not hooked up the pressures will be low which will smoke a trans real fast

-
Back