Strip Dominator and M1

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought an unmodified Victor340 for 200.00. I asked for a few pictures. He was in Erie Pa checking out work being done on his duster and internet is very sketchy. He messed up and made a mistake of sending me some Strip Dominator pictures and never touching one before was shocked to see how close the plenum looked like the M1 I worked on last winter. Is the Strip Dominator ment to be a copy of the M1.

Don't know strip Dominator come out way before the M1

There are two different versions of the M1 single plane the water neck is in a different location on the other addition I have the style like Rumble Fish...was surprised they didn't flow more....but Strip dominator were awesome until super vic

20240302_211344.jpg

The strip dominator was the Direct Connection go to Intake for the TQ carb before they cast their own intake which was the M1.

It is a close copy of the strip dominator.

Holley spent a whole lot of time and money back during the development of their signature line of intake manifolds in the early eighties. They were really good intakes for their time, and still very viable today for a lot of applications.

Mother Mopar never did the T ram for the early W heads but Holley did.

strip Dominator come out way before the M1
Correct!
In short yes. but vice versa
Correct! Holley first.
There are two different versions of the M1 single plane the water neck is in a different location on the other addition I have the style like Rumble Fish...was surprised they didn't flow more....but Strip dominator were awesome until super vic.
Correct on both. The altered bypass was modeled after the Magnum set up. Why? I have no idea! Stupid IMO.
The strip dominator was the Direct Connection go to Intake for the TQ carb before they cast their own intake which was the M1.

It is a close copy of the strip dominator.
Correct! Very close copy!
Holley spent a whole lot of time and money back during the development of their signature line of intake manifolds in the early eighties. They were really good intakes for their time, and still very viable today for a lot of applications.
I agree! They went to war with Edelbrock over some issue I can’t remember. But….. Holley got really pissed off at Vic and basically said - “OH YEA?!?! Well, we’ll show you some ****, stand back, hold my beer, watch this ****!”

Then proceeded to totally kick Edelbrock’s *** for a while, then threw in the towel not giving a **** because Vic got the hammer real bad.

I remember when I was a young punk listening to the older guys laughing at the Edelbrock intakes and loudly saying, “Booooooy I feel sorry for your stupid ***!” See in peoples faces while laughing. Honestly laughing and hard.

@pittsburghracer how did the M1 stack up against other intakes you’ve tested? I’ll be using my W2 M1 shortly and am curious.

@pittsburghracer how did the M1 stack up against other intakes you’ve tested? I’ll be using my W2 M1 shortly and am curious.

Is a a W2 shoot out extravaganza!!!!

They may not be in order though.

The Holley tested was a Street Dominator. Very very very very close to the strip dominator. Very very close.

A friend shared your YouTube testing. Thanks for the kind words.

Your welcome. The beauty and quality was apparent from the get go and the testing proved it. I myself just did a video with a little more of a closer look at the intake and down the runners to the head pointing out the port matching.

In which was really un-freaking believable because you didn’t have both the heads, the intake or the block to mock everything up with to make it work, but it did.

The intake needed that .065 milling. It is what it is sometimes. Nothing new right!!!!

When I told Charlie it was your first M1 ever, he was truly impressed. I was saying to him when we talked about it that you never did one and wasn’t sure about matters. Being as such, I did t care so much as to that fact and I said, “Go for it!” What’s the worst that could have happened?!?!

We know the intake could have gone further but I did say very specifically that I was using a TQ which is limiting on the porting. I think that a well ported “SQUARE BORE” M1 would do even better.

John, your kudos are well deserved and outmatch by our phone conversations which were a great joy to have with you.
Your Ace’s in my book. Call anytime for anything.

Oh! Charlie was cautious in cautioning me and questioning me if we should just give your name out right. I said, “I have a slick way around it that will grab someone’s attention who knows him.”

I told Charlie he will probably catch wind of it in time.
Glad you seen it. Relay a Thanks! To your buddy who shared it.

My latest video.. nothing special, just minor tech & crap.
Forward motion on the project is slow at this point. Also a little jammed up with real life. It’ll get done when it gets done which isn’t soon enough for me, but… what can you do?
It’s all good!

Proceed to the 3:00 minute mark to get right to the port match portion.

Your welcome. The beauty and quality was apparent from the get go and the testing proved it. I myself just did a video with a little more of a closer look at the intake and down the runners to the head pointing out the port matching.

In which was really un-freaking believable because you didn’t have both the heads, the intake or the block to mock everything up with to make it work, but it did.

The intake needed that .065 milling. It is what it is sometimes. Nothing new right!!!!

When I told Charlie it was your first M1 ever, he was truly impressed. I was saying to him when we talked about it that you never did one and wasn’t sure about matters. Being as such, I did t care so much as to that fact and I said, “Go for it!” What’s the worst that could have happened?!?!

We know the intake could have gone further but I did say very specifically that I was using a TQ which is limiting on the porting. I think that a well ported “SQUARE BORE” M1 would do even better.

John, your kudos are well deserved and outmatch by our phone conversations which were a great joy to have with you.
Your Ace’s in my book. Call anytime for anything.

Thanks again.

I’m surprised to read that. The Victor is a good intake and really good intake when ported.

I’m surprised to read that. The Victor is a good intake and really good intake when ported.
I deleted the post after going back and looking at it, it was not relevant to this thread. I can say the sd and m1 are identical in power and the holley is the predecessor to the m1.

My buddy bought an unmodified Victor340 for 200.00. I asked for a few pictures. He was in Erie Pa checking out work being done on his duster and internet is very sketchy. He messed up and made a mistake of sending me some Strip Dominator pictures and never touching one before was shocked to see how close the plenum looked like the M1 I worked on last winter. Is the Strip Dominator ment to be a copy of the M1.

Here’s his 200.00 find. I’d like to find a few of these.

IMG_1864.jpeg

Back in the day the strip dominator was known as the primo stick shift manifold

I went from a Torquer to a Portosonic in the late 1970’s. Then straight to big blocks till 2010. I had a buddy that loved to test cams and intakes so I bought his rejects. Often times he bought them back years later. I bought a Thermoquad off of him and he needed it back for his class car. Nicest thing about buying his intakes was he didn’t like bathtub gaskets so he cut and welded a plate on everything.

Well after about 5 years of ordering and never receiving a thing a Trick flow intake ….and heads showed up at the machine shop today… intake looks like a lot like a Super Vic… nice casting on the intake

IMG_2484.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2481.jpeg

IMG_2485.jpeg

-
Back