stroker oil mods? 340/416

-

SpareParts

Reaction score
What do most feel should be done for a reliable oil system for a typical strip/street car spinning 6800ish

Oh and it is a stick car so a miss is always possible

thanks

Check out the sticky and buy the "How to build Big Inch Small Block Mopar", helpful ideas in there too.

I,m re-doing my 410ci sb stroker,this time I,m having the lifter bores bushed.Also good mods in the sticky as said above.Good luck.

Enlarge the main feeds from the cam galley, smooth the valley and maybe drill a few extra drain holes in the valley, and make sure the clearances are perfect. That's it.

Go get your self an old copy of S-A DESIGN MOPAR PERFORMANCE by Larry Atherton. Mullen & Co. go into depth on the oiling system on the small block mopar and why you need to reroute the oil in the right oil gallery to feed more oil too the main bearings. This is the crossover tube method and after studying the schematic of the stock oiling system routing it will become very clear why for an hour or two of work and 20 to 30 dollars you will sleep better at night when you rev your motor past 6500 rpm. I do this for all my sm block that go over 6000 after loosing a nice 340 to oil starvation, have not starved a bearing for oil since. GOOD LUCK!

-
Back