Stroker Pistons 410

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Anyone know which pistons are used in the SCAT stroker kits? Im trying to piece together a kit and I already know where Im getting the crank and rods just need the pistons now to see if its cheaper than the actual kit. Also they need to be .40 over

Also the block is 0 decked and im looking for compression in range of 10.4-10.7 with a 64.5 cc head

Scat use the Keith Black Icon pistons.....

thanks. on their site they only list under 408...any way to get them. 40 over?

sorry for all the topics. I want the 410, but I want it at the price they have but the .040 pistons. I will wait for a response from them. Thanks!

thanks. on their site they only list under 408...any way to get them. 40 over?

You can get the Icon's in .040 over off the shelf.......the flat-tops have a 5cc relief and according to your specs will end up with a static CR of approx. 11.7......the closest dish piston they offer takes you lower the other way......you could use the flat-tops, but you would need a .082 head gasket to get you to 10.7....??????

They are also a pretty heavy piston (although we have the .030 flat-tops in our 408....lol)

Not sure who offers an off the shelf piston that would get you closer with your heads...????

Rickster

You can get the Icon's in .040 over off the shelf.......the flat-tops have a 5cc relief and according to your specs will end up with a static CR of approx. 11.7......the closest dish piston they offer takes you lower the other way......you could use the flat-tops, but you would need a .082 head gasket to get you to 10.7....??????

They are also a pretty heavy piston (although we have the .030 flat-tops in our 408....lol)

I found the piston I needed. the IC475 is a dish and +20 and with a .022 gasket gives me

Not sure who offers an off the shelf piston that would get you closer with your heads...????

Rickster

I found the piston I needed. the IC475 is a dish and +20 and with a .022 gasket gives me 10.4 compression

I found the piston I needed. the IC475 is a dish and +20 and with a .022 gasket gives me 10.4 compression

Sure does.....don't know why I didn't think to go less on the head gasket....brain fart evidently....lol :banghead:

Anyway....good deal :glasses7:

Rickster

I think a .022 gasket might be a bit tight unless you run an open chamber head but since u said 64cc i presume your going closed chamber which will result in the piston contacting the head

I bought the Eagle stroker kit 20102(.040 over pistons)I,ve run 150 passes at 10.80-11.20 never skipped a beat.I know your looking for a Scat crank,but thought I,d throw out what I,m running in my 410.Good luck.

i think a .022 gasket might be a bit tight unless you run an open chamber head but since u said 64cc i presume your going closed chamber which will result in the piston contacting the head
ooooops ! O:)

I think a .022 gasket might be a bit tight unless you run an open chamber head but since u said 64cc i presume your going closed chamber which will result in the piston contacting the head

Remember the pistons have a .020 dish.....should be ok, but I'd want a professional opinion before I laid out the $$$$ :glasses7:

Rickster

I bought the Eagle stroker kit 20102(.040 over pistons)I,ve run 150 passes at 10.80-11.20 never skipped a beat.I know your looking for a Scat crank,but thought I,d throw out what I,m running in my 410.Good luck.

I cant find the eagle 410 for less than 1k

I would suggest getting whatever pistons you use coated on the skirt with some moly or whatever keeps the side loading from rubbing the pistons on the cyl walls. When we stroke these the rod ratio gets smaller and I saw wear on the cyl walls of my 416 after only dyno time. The KB pistons were not coated. Builder says it is no big deal but...

Everything is all good. Talked to the guys who have the kit and they said they can swap the pistons for .40 over. Thanks guys!

-
Back