Stroker Question

-

1967Valiant

Reaction score
So I plan on building a 408 full forged stroker with Eddie heads and rpm intake, mild hyd roller, turning 5500 rpm. I also want to put 10lbs of turbo boost on it. Do you guys think the bottom end will last in a street car if i stud and girdle it, and will the block hold up. I really think it will pump near 700hp

You really need a R3 block for extra insurance. I wouldn't trust a stock block to withstand that kind of power and last. Of course we've all seen dyno tests in the magazines with 600-700hp smallblocks but how long do they last?

So I plan on building a 408 full forged stroker with Eddie heads and rpm intake, mild hyd roller, turning 5500 rpm. I also want to put 10lbs of turbo boost on it. Do you guys think the bottom end will last in a street car if i stud and girdle it, and will the block hold up. I really think it will pump near 700hp

I agree with an R3 for 700HP. Don't spend half the R3 money on trying to bandaid the old block...

AS was said... You'll spend about $1200 more for a brand new unbreakable block vs a factory block bandaided to be safe at that level. To, that's a no brainer. If your budget is that tight lose the turbo idea.

-
Back