stroker question

-

mopar426

Reaction score
i was told that anything over 478 or so cubic inches needed the block filled cause the block couldnt handle the the stroke or somethin or another is this true????

No, there are thousands of 500, 505, 520, 540 cubic inch strokers running without filled blocks. Some strokers are filled because of thin cylinderwalls and/or extreme horsepower ranges.

big or small block? What horsepower level? What is the intended use?

I have a friend sitting here with me who would like to know where he can get one 'o them 478 cubic inch smallblocks.

there's 4.25 inch cranks for small blocks that can create displacements in the 500 inch range

In a stock block? Where do I get a smallblock I can bore to 4.320"?

Thats what i thought. Its for my 440 bb and all i want is 550 or so and its for my mud truck. its goin to be a 500 cubic inch

Thats what i thought. Its for my 440 bb and all i want is 550 or so and its for my mud truck. its goin to be a 500 cubic inch

Every block is different, so spend the money to have the cylinderwalls sonic checked before you spend the money to do any machine work on it.

I have a friend sitting here with me who would like to know where he can get one 'o them 478 cubic inch smallblocks.

Call Indy Cylinder Head, or Ray Barton. They build them all the time based on an R3 Block with a 9.6 deck and siamesed block that will easily go 4.25 on the bore. With an, as delivered, 4.22 bore, you'll get 476 cubes.

4.25 x 4.25 gets you...482 cubic inches, from a Mopar small block. All it takes is money.

Here's a good place to start: Mancini sells the blocks.

Cast Iron "R3" Race Engine Block — Siamese
deck: 9.600" cyl. design: siamese over bore: 4.220" cap design: 4 bolt tappet angle: 48 journal size: 318/340
$2,595.00
MOPP4876673AD

Southernman.

Regardless of the petty crap...

What's the rpm range of that 500"? What's the driveline like, and how often do you plan to compete?

I guess Southernman beat me to the computer , there IQ52 I guess your at least an honest fellow , try the Mopar Performance catalogue for dealership part numbers

-
Back