Stroker question -

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Found a good price on a Mancini 416 complete balanced kit. I've got a .030 over 340 sitting on the stand, rebuilt about 2000 miles ago. Other than notching the piston walls for clearance - this should be a drop in and go, right ? I'll need to upgrade my X-heads as soon as possible I assume. What other expenses will I be looking at (kit has all bearings,etc). I already have an Airgap, 770 Avenger carb, 3-3500 stall converter, etc, etc. What's a good cam for a 416 (manual brakes) rarely see the strip, but will drive it like I stole it!

If you can swing it, I would disassemble that short to bare block. Clearancing will spray a ton of chips of iron (and possibly stone depending) thru the crankcase area. You want to be able to properly clean it after, and leaving cam bearings in is asking for issues later. If the block was rebuilt, You can probably simply have the it touched up to get the right finish for the rings. I replace the main bolts on 4" arm engines, and that means an aling honing too. In any case, a cam in the 240° @ .050 lift will be a very good idling torque monster with iron heads. You can go 250-255°@.050 if you want a little more rumble to it. Iron heads without some serious work will choke that engine tho.

-
Back