Stuffing the smoker for Father's Day

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
Nothing like the 100+ pounds we smoked for Memorial Day for that 200 person party. Not 5 kegs either. Just a little get together with 8 or 10 people. I never smoke unless i fill the smoker so I'll be stocking up the freezer with the leftovers. I haven't had beef ribs in a couple of years but they should be tender after 10 or 12 hours. I also picked up an 8# pork butt, a 10# brisket and some baby backs. I'll be using plenty of apple wood this time for the smoke.
Whose got a good pulled pork sauce recipe. I'm just not satisfied with just BBQ sauce, it's missing something, maybe the vinegar. BBQ pork sandwiches are great but it's different then pulled pork sandwich taste. I don't mind an Carolina mustard recipe either.

Here it is ...... 25.5 lbs ready to go. On the smoker at 9:30 PM. The neighbor is going to be adding to it when he gets back from the store.

Attachments

• Father's day 001.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Father's day 002.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 137
Lookin good. What time should I come for the eats. Enjoy your Father's Day.

I don't mind an Carolina mustard recipe either.

Go to Amazon.com and search for "Steve Raichlen BBQ USA"
Click on 'search inside this book'
Type "south carolina mustard barbecue sauce" in the search window
(Note, you have to be logged in to the Amazon site to view the recipe.)

That's my favorite recipe for pulled pork BBQ sauce (and I never would've expected it, having been a Kansas City style guy up until this).

If you like this recipe, buy the book (and "How to Grill" by the same author) and enjoy! I've got most of his books and my wife thinks I'm awesome now that I use his recipes!

Also, if anyone is in the market for a smoker, check out www.bigdrumsmoker.com Rocky makes a great product, and his support is OUTSTANDING, including chat-support on Super Bowl Sunday a few years back when something didn't seem to be working right. Lots of recipes on his forum as well.

Smoke on!

Thanks, Talk about big, here's the one I built in RI for Memorial Day. The 2x3 walls are filled with 950 pounds of sand. Perfect for thermal mass.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of Memorial Day Party 003.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Copy (2) of Memorial Day Party 020.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 81
That's a rad smoker! Lots of capacity...I'm jealous!

(and you should totally paint a black crescent moon on the door and tell people you're smoking meat in the outhouse! ;-))

-
Back