Stumped/Rad help

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
hey all......Yah! the newbie again. Im stumped with something on my rad. I noticed it before buy forgot to ask. Theres a valve looking thing on the top tank. I havent a clue what its for. Any help would be great ..Thanks as always..N.M.......See pics

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 002.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 188
Can you take a picture of the other side? That to me looks like where the upper radiator hose clamps on to, but has a weird thing put in its place. This is the top, correct?

Nevermind.. I went and looked at mine. I have a different style plug in my hole on the passenger side. The upper radiator hose clamps on the driver's side. i wouldn't worry about it, but I'd use something else to block that off.

I have never seen anything like it before......Im getting close to getting my motor and all in the car. I dont want a rad or something to be bad with start up........Antifreeze and all ..over the place. Thanks.I wasnt sure if it had to do with A/C or not.

On my '74 there is a thing like it, that is part of the EGR system. It is supposed to be a temperature controlled vacuum valve, so that the EGR valve doesn't activate until the engine is fully warmed up.

On my '74 there is a thing like it, that is part of the EGR system. It is supposed to be a temperature controlled vacuum valve, so that the EGR valve doesn't activate until the engine is fully warmed up.

yeah, so it def is time to run down to the store and get some vacuum caps and cap it off

I wouldn,t woory to much about it,it won,t leak antifreeze out.You can just remove it and put a brass plug in it.Home Depot,plumming section..

You don't need to cap it at all, it's not hooked up or doing anything so leave it alone. It's just a vacumn valve for your emission system. It's designed to either open or close the valve as the radiator warms up.

Yeah. Since the engine is your vacuum source and it ain't in any way hooked to the engine, you sure as hell don't need to cap anything off. lol

-
Back