stupid camero guys

-

jwilson13b

Reaction score
So, I am Sitting there using this awesome website "Fabo" watchin FOX news, not in a good mood from all the B.S goin on all around the world. But any way this commercial comes on of a guy driving in his sleep, making all these driving noises. and a dog standing at the end of the bed, with a fan blowing in his face. And then it cuts to a new camero sitting in the drive way.
I look over at my friend and said, "I bet its alot faster in his dreams, that's why it's sitting in the driveway". I thought it was funny, if any one has seen the commercial! I am also glad my MOPAR don't sound like that in my dreams.

I would just say me being a mopar guy. I wouldnt be sitting there makin sounds about my car that has a motor in it and able to run Id rather be out driving it unlike most of the chevy guys I know.

It's Camaro, but don't feel bad, the Chevy guys get it wrong too.

At least they're making muscle car commercials, its been all SUVs all the time for way too long.

So, I am Sitting there using this awesome website "Fabo" watchin FOX news, not in a good mood from all the B.S goin on all around the world. But any way this commercial comes on of a guy driving in his sleep, making all these driving noises. and a dog standing at the end of the bed, with a fan blowing in his face. And then it cuts to a new camero sitting in the drive way.
I look over at my friend and said, "I bet its alot faster in his dreams, that's why it's sitting in the driveway". I thought it was funny, if any one has seen the commercial! I am also glad my MOPAR don't sound like that in my dreams.

Well, while driving up north in his 5.7 Hemi Magnum, my brother decided to teach the new Camaro a thing or two about speed. Turns out my brother got taken to school. 425 hp in the Camaro. It's a fast car. Good looking in a retro sort of way. Nowhere near as nice looking and true to its roots as the Challenger though.

All these new cars are stupid. makes more noise than power but costs so much. heck if i ever buy one

???? seriously? any one of the three stang,camaro and even the slug challenger are making some nice power. all three are capable of mid to low 13 second if not high 12 second runs in the quarter in stock form, they all have all the new car comfort features , have OD and can get highway mpg in the mid to upper 20's. not to mention how they handle and stop.. how can ya beat that? if anything we are the idiots putting what turns out to be pretty close to what a new one costs in to these old rust buckets. :)

A guy I work with has the new camaro with the biggest motor they sell. He took it to the local 1/8 mile track. It runs 1 second slower than my 340 fish.

But he has AC... and it has almost 40K miles on it already.

A guy I work with has the new camaro with the biggest motor they sell. He took it to the local 1/8 mile track. It runs 1 second slower than my 340 fish.

But he has AC... and it has almost 40K miles on it already.

whats your fish run? maybe he just doesn't know how to drive it? hows the camaro handle and stop compared to your fish? what are the comparisons in MPG between the two?

New mustang 5.0 at my track runs 110 mph stock on stock tires. Lots of guys been in the 11s with them with little to nothing for mods.

New Camaro isn't far behind that.

This guy:

IMG_2048.jpg

Has programmer, exhaust, factory 3.73, slicks, cold air kit. That's it, car has like 2000 miles on it. Ran 7.50@93mph in the 1/8th the night I took this pic. That was a street night and my car wouldn't hook at all, so I'm really curious to see what he'd do on a hooking track.

this new stuff is too expensive and heavy, but it ain't anywhere near slow.

Ya that commercial was kind of strange but most are now a days. They don't tell you any thing about what they are selling.

New cars have less rolling resistance, lighter wheels and more gears in the trans, why the mpg is better.

If you look at the city mpg ratings its not far off from our old rides.

I rather have no anti lock brakes than ones that make no noise/gave no warning. A few times cars have moved out of the way as they hear the tires squealing locking up @ 70 mph, lol. On dirt roads lock up tires stop better cause the dirt gets wedge up as the tire skids, yeah I know there is fewer dirt roads today

New cars can not fishtail as well, oh they can fishtail but too much that you wipe out not just slid a bit as the car gains speed.

New cars are great for long highway drives and they are a better for meeting the chicks.

If they cost $20,000 or so that be a fair price, IMO Too bad they got $10,000 just in smog and safety equipment but still lack no roll bar or steel chrome bumpers

I rather have no anti lock brakes than ones that make no noise/gave no warning. A few times cars have moved out of the way as they hear the tires squealing locking up @ 70 mph,

i thank god for anti-lock brakes every day since a month ago when my entire family would have been killed if the car that almost hit us didn't have them.. they work and work very well.

the new muscle cars just do everything better then our old rust buckets.

the new muscle cars just do everything better then our old rust buckets.[/QUOTE]

Accept have a personality and soul....you can go down the street and see 10 of the same plastic generic cars of today....but where will they be in 40 years?

The facts are: these new muscle cars are faster, safer, better handling, more fuel efficient, more dependable and run more consistent E.T.'s than the old cars. That being said I would NEVER trade my 76 Dart Sport for any of them!!! These new cookie cutter cars lack individuality and character. In the 60's and 70"s you would order your car the way YOU wanted it, many manufacturers offered six or seven different interior colors. Try ordering a blue or green interior at a GM, Ford or Chrysler dealer today, they will tell you that there are only two choices in colors (usually black or tan). Try to order power windows without power locks; can't be done. No, you will take it their way or not at all. I choose "not at all".

the new muscle cars just do everything better then our old rust buckets.

Accept have a personality and soul....you can go down the street and see 10 of the same plastic generic cars of today....but where will they be in 40 years?

40 years the kids today that couldn't afford them will be into them.. they will be the same as the 60's and 70's cars are today. there may not be any 1 of 1 cars but will be desirable..

Well I bought a new Challanger this summer,I really enjoy driving this car,the air. the ride and yes the gas mileage I can even drive it when it gets 95 degrees will no problem maybe it's because I'm close to 50 now, I live close to a town of about 150K population.have only seen 5 challangers and more mustangs and camaros than I care to count. I guess my point is that when I 16 teen there was no way I could afford this car and just like when i was 16 there was more of those brands than Dusters.darts and chargers, some things never change but thats what makes us different, I still and will for ever enjoy driving my 71 Duster with a 408. and maybe if we will still have gas in 40 yrs. if things go the way I want them too maybe the grandson will have a challanger/ Duster to drive JMO
AJDuster

Bought this this summer. I absolutely love driving it and I absolutley love driving my 68 formula S with its built 416. The Challenger is almost too boring when driving in normal traffic but it is also so much appreciated. The Barracuda is a blast to drive until it is in normal traffic until it can almost be annoying. I don't know if this makes sense but I love them both. I didn't get the Camaro because it just doesn't look like a real car to me inside or out. More of a video game in real life.

Attachments

• web page size.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 181
-
Back