Stupid Headliner Question

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does the headliner on a 63-66 Dart hardtop come all the way down the C-pillar? I only ask because I saw these sail panels on the Classic Industries website and now I'm a little confused (happens often).

Do these panels simply install underneath the headliner for additional support? If so, why do they come in different colors?

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1966/dodge/dart/parts/ma8162101.html

1672331913246.png

The cardboard goes behind the cloth so the cloth doesn't get poked through by the kids bouncing back and forth while drifting through turns.

70-71 Dusters and Demons have the same sail panel cardboard behind the headliner. The mice usually use it to build the foundation for their house made from the sound deadener on top of the sunvisors

I’d like to know if it’s supposed to go behind. The catalog description makes it sound like it doesn’t. I don’t remember if the car I’m working now had it behind the headliner when I took it out. It was some years ago that I removed it.

Mine had cloth all the way down. Picture of another car attached. 65 Dart Charger interior.

View attachment 1716028078
Thank you for the photo. That helps a lot!

The cardboard goes behind the cloth so the cloth doesn't get poked through by the kids bouncing back and forth while drifting through turns.
Thanks for confirming. With that in mind though, why then would Classic Industries sell them covered in a variety of different colored perforated vinyl material? To me, that would mean they're meant to go over the headliner. Weird...

Thank you for the photo. That helps a lot!

Thanks for confirming. With that in mind though, why then would Classic Industries sell them covered in a variety of different colored perforated vinyl material? To me, that would mean they're meant to go over the headliner. Weird...
I bought one for a 71 Demon to replace the one that goes under the cloth because I didn't have a pattern. It was actually for a different car. It was also vinyl textured and was way to big. They told me to cut it to fit.

disregard, Dart is different per this photo
4256ae7de00986af7dc0098eabc4e85c.jpg

or this one? Maybe a cheater that's already embossed like the headliner but you dont take the headliner down this panel?
24805.jpg
1965_dodge_dart-pic-6504771419587593629-640x480.jpg
.com%2F_content%2Fcars%2Fimages%2F54%2F60454%2F007.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know why there's four screw holes in the roof brace for the dome lamp housing, if there's only two that are needed?

Man, Mopar did some weird things with these cars.

-
Back