Stupid mopar cam

-

396PLYMOUTH

My Little Mopar
Reaction score
Does anyone have cam specs for a 292dur 508lift 108cl mopar purple cam? I want to degree it but they dont give you all the numbers for it.

Does anyone have cam specs for a 292dur 508lift 108cl mopar purple cam? I want to degree it but they dont give you all the numbers for it.

Heck I would not trust Mopar numbers, lol.

I believe a test fixture can read the cam. Its too technician for me, ha ha but it be best to measure and make your own chart for that cam you have.

i dont trust them either.i had the 280/474 profiled.....they claim its 238 @50 but its really about 230,the rest of the specs were off a little as well.like the intake closing point ,advertised duration,intake centerline.....

i have the 284 528/528 solid in mine ... built the motor took it down to my good friend who own a machine shop to degree cam in ...it was dead on but it does pay to ck ..

Notice Herb McCandless timing of the 292MP (#233) is 242o @.050".

Ive got one too, so I'll just do what I always do with Mopar cams.......

Run it straight up and lock'n'load. Chebys, here wees cerm!!. ;)

Anyone know if the 292 508 cam has any advance ground in I cant seem to find out if it does.

Advancing or retarding the cam centerline doesn't change the power output of the cam, only the RPM where it makes peak power. 2* of timing will move the power band about 50 RPM.

The formula Mopar gave for figuring duration @ .050 is only an approximation. Many of these cams were ground by Crane back in the day and they were notorious for having wide spec tolerances so it's best to measure if you want to be sure. Otherwise just stab it in, check your valve clearance and go have fun. Degreeing the cam isn't going to make that big of a difference at that level. Now if you are talking .700+ lift and/or duration figures above 270 @ .050 then you better be sure because valve to piston clearance is going to be harder to come by at that level.

-
Back