stupid question...how do I get the backseat out of dart?

-

jhaas63

Reaction score
I want to take the backseat out of dart so I can remove the back decklid cardboard piece. I can easily lift the top part of the back seat but it is not slipping out. Is there a trick?

Move the front seat full forward. Drop a knee in the rear floor a pull backward on the bottom of the seat and lift it up out of the hook. Sounds easier than it is sometimes. If it goes back far enough it will come up.
To lift the seat back a lot higher than nessesary to get off those hooks can bust the headlinner in some models. Be careful.

Like RedFish said.....remove the bottom section first. Some are more stubborn than others. Sometime you need to really kick the seat bottom rearward while you lift slightly on the front edge. The seat back should have some bend over tabs holding the bottom of the seat back frame to the body. Straighten those and the seat back bottom should move forward and clear the tabs. At that point, the seat back should lift up off the upper anchors.

Move the front seat full forward. Drop a knee in the rear floor a pull backward on the bottom of the seat and lift it up out of the hook. Sounds easier than it is sometimes. If it goes back far enough it will come up.
To lift the seat back a lot higher than nessesary to get off those hooks can bust the headlinner in some models. Be careful.

I got it out. Thanks for the help. I was hitting the headliner...and it is an aftermarket headliner already...kind of a fake leather cardboard thing. I was able to get it out after I tired it the way you described.

Amazig how much of a pain in the butt the back seat can be to get out. When I took mine out damn near needed a pry bar, but there was a reason....damn mesquite tree seed pods....

Attachments

• IMG_2258.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2259.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 107
The build sheet should be under the rear seat bottom between the springs and the knapsak material. That is as long as the rats didn't get it first.

The build sheet should be under the rear seat bottom between the springs and the knapsak material. That is as long as the rats didn't get it first.

I looked for it. It was not there. The interior from my Dart though is from a donor.

-
Back