Stupid question

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
I consider myself a thrifty guy. I work as a janitor for a college teaching automotive. I notced in the dumpster was some exhaust tubing. But in the middle welded look to be a decent pair of flowmaster mufflers. They are welded to the exhaust tub. My question how hard would it be undo and keep them mufflers?

About 3 minutes with a 'saws all' and you can cut them out... leave a few inches of tail pipe on each side of the muffler, when you have them installed the muffler shop can clean them up.

I wouldn't cut flow masters out for them, especially if they are 40 series.

I was looking for number on them didnt see anything but it was dark. I currently dont have any mufflers. But figured these couldnt hurt if there ok.

Baffle type mufflers generally don't "go bad" although they can rust out....that should be evident. I would snag them. But, unless they are 2.5 or 3" inlet and outlets, they won't do you any good.

any way to tell if there any good?[/QUOTE

yes very easy , look at them and ask yourself why are they in the dumpster ?

Answer , they are flowmasters , not only do that sound like BLEEP, they flow like BLEEP ...

Shucks, grab 'em and toss 'em on craigslist if anything.

well they could be in the dumpster for a number of reasons. They restore cars here. It could be someone wanted a different sound or back to stock? needless to say there 3" and now in the back of my truck.

well they could be in the dumpster for a number of reasons. They restore cars here. It could be someone wanted a different sound or back to stock? needless to say there 3" and now in the back of my truck.

Way too go! After all "One man's junk...." you know the rest! Good job man!

only draw back is there offset inlet offset outlet. But ehh free is free. I didn knock on them a bit to see if they sounded solid or clogged. But they sounded hollow which is a good thing i think.

What the hell, it's a freebie right?
If you use them or sell them, you can only gain.
Worst case scenario, throw them back away where they came from.
A lot of us are thrifty guys too.
i would try them, what have you got to lose?

Awesome snag, dude! Those will be just right for your hawg motor. lol

and I know Flowmaster aren't great but the price is right for me.

meh.....they flow just fine. "experts" don't know everything. They sound pretty good. I would say for FREE they are the ****.

-
Back