Style hose clamps

-
I'm gonna need your crystal ball for this one...
ok. Give it back when you're done. lol
CRYSTAL BALL.jpg

How do you get these things to seal? Im not having any luck with them at all.

Ok, first things first orheptal..seeing that you are a new member.

We will need to know what make and model car you are working on and, is it a 6 cyl or V-8.

1. post a pic of the clamp you are trying to use and where you are trying to use it.

2. is it a heater hose, upper or lower rad hose or, a by-pass hose?

3. are the hoses new ? Do you know the name brand?

This is the kind of info you will need when looking for assistance as there are so many variations.

Cheers!!

Ok, first things first orheptal..seeing that you are a new member.

We will need to know what make and model car you are working on and, is it a 6 cyl or V-8.

1. post a pic of the clamp you are trying to use and where you are trying to use it.

2. is it a heater hose, upper or lower rad hose or, a by-pass hose?

3. are the hoses new ? Do you know the name brand?

This is the kind of info you will need when looking for assistance as there are so many variations.

Cheers!!
You Canadians are way too nice, haha. :)

My bet is he is using factory style spring clamps. Just guessing.

I like the Gates Powergrip clamps. Look um up.

I like the flat wide corbin clamps like a lot of the imports use, not the wire ones. But I really like those Gates Powergrip clamps. Very neat looking and they work.

Oh my, I just read this thread in anticipation and................nothing. :mob: I didn't realize a clamp question would grab my attention, but it has!

Oh my, I just read this thread in anticipation and................nothing. :mob: I didn't realize a clamp question would grab my attention, but it has!
I got sucked in too. The thread title looked cryptic and headed for a clusterf*ck. lol. Hopefully the O.P. returns soon and clarifies things. Inquiring minds and all that...

Last edited:
-
Back