Suggestions: ACC or Trim Parts carpet?

-

lee g

Reaction score
Time to order my carpet and trying to decide between ACC carpet or Trim Parts carpet from Summitt. Any suggestions or experience will be helpful.

I own a upholstery shop and use trim parts with great results on every set I order. Their carpet is very good quality.
Some sets require more effort than others to get to lay in place to show car standards. I believe the quality of fit depends on the skills of the employee molding the carpet to its application. Kind of hit or miss. I have no control over this. Quality control problem.
On the sets I receive that weren't so expertly built I use steam to get the carpet to take to the shape of the floorpan. This allows the installer to reset the mold to the actual floor it will be covering and it will remain there when cool.
As for ACC I recently installed a customer supplied set that probably was the worst I have seen. Wasn't even close to fitting the floor. In their defense it was for a early fox body mustang
that is a tough fit because of the deep sharp corners built into the cars. Perhaps that set was built on Monday morning or by a new employee.
I personally would go with trim parts. Hope this helps you with your Mopar.

I too switched to Trim Parts Carpet about 12-15 years ago.
Right around the time that the ACC employee's died in that plane crash their quality went down hill.

My dart has trim parts carpet, and my moms duster has brand new trim parts carpet waiting for it, Roseville Chrysler dealer near me is a parts distributor for trim parts.

I'd go Trim-Parts. I bought the complete 2nd gen Cuda fastback kit. You can buy direct from them and probably get it for less than through Summit. The kit I got had some issues with a couple pieces that were undersized and the insulation on the front floor section was glued on in the wrong place. A little time on the phone with a manager a couple of pics of the problem emailed to him and they sent me a brand new kit that he personally checked. It was perfect. They told me to just keep the original f'ed up kit which I later sold for $100.

They stand behind their product!

I cant comment on/about ACC. I've installed Trim Parts molded carpet and console skirt without a problem.

RedFish, did you order direct from Trim Parts? I need the console carpet as well.

The last few time I used ACC and the quality was not as good.This time I used trim Parts and the car quality was very nice.

-
Back