Summit exhaust systems, are they decent?

-
I have the 2 1/2 inch system with an h pipe added. I think it sounds great. I have a youtube video of it in the sound bites sticky post.

also looking at these kits, you guys got any pics where the mufflers are placed, also how far off the frame would you say it is?

Sounds GREAT Baddart ! I would say if you have headers they will all be loud without resonators . I know mine is loud , but if cruising along it is acceptable , until I hit the gas , then it is loud . Thinking about putting manifolds

i just got my summit 2 1/2 kit in the mail today. had the car up on the lift and checking it out for tomorrow when i start it. it seems to me the first long peice on each side dont have the right angle for the rest of the tube to come flat under the car. Is this becuase i have headers on the car, and or also cause its a big block? I might just end up using the back 3/4 of the exhaust and leave mine how it is off of the headers

well got it all in, went smooth for the most part but didnt end up using the front peice for each side cause my old exhaust lined up with it and i had a 2 bolt header flange not 3 which is what the kit gives. deffanitly putting my other mufflers back on, very upset with the ones they give you. still gotta line them up in the back and trim one side of the tail pipe back. heres some pics
dart002-4.jpg

dart003-4.jpg

honestly they are way to quiet. im not trying to sound like i need a loud car to be heard, there just really quiet, also i dont like the pitch of them, not as deep as i hoped. i had the 40 series on before and im putting those back on tomorrow. and the front pipes didnt line up at all angles werent even close.

honestly they are way to quiet. im not trying to sound like i need a loud car to be heard, there just really quiet, also i dont like the pitch of them, not as deep as i hoped. i had the 40 series on before and im putting those back on tomorrow. and the front pipes didnt line up at all angles werent even close.

Might be in a Dart but in a Duster with fold down rear seat they were way too noisy! I had to install an H-pipe and some extra insulation out back before the car became bearable on long trips.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN9GmjZ7h3I"]YouTube- 1974 Duster with Summit Racing exhaust[/ame]

Audio clip of my Duster with Summit 2.5" exhaust with H-pipe, 5.9 Magnum engine and exhaust manifolds. Taken from about 6-8 feet behind the car, off to one side a bit with a Nikon Coolpix camera.

-
Back