Summit exhaust

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Well I said I would let everyone how the Summit 3 inch exhaust fit I ordered a while back.Well with TTi headers and a 383 it Does not fit.Maybe with different headers or on a small block.
Does anyone have a 400 or 383 with TTI Headers?Have you used TTI exhaust or Magnaflow?Does it fit and how well?
Jim

The summit exhaust isn't designed to be hooked up to TTI headers. I think they say which ones. I could be wrong there.

How was over the axle fitment?

Yes Hooker Comp Headers.I thought I could get it to work but I guess not.Does anyone want to buy a Summit kit??
Jim

Yes, I would like to know. I have been looking at the same kit to flow waste gas out of my 408. We have been running with headers uncorked, and it is worth about 3/10's in the quarter. My current is 2.5" into flowmasters into stock 2.0" over the axles. A little restricted, eh?

I put a summit kit on my Dart 340 with tti headers.

You have to fab some pieces. It works fine up until the very front pipe on each side. They require some cutting and welding.

Did you start at the rear and work forward? That's the best way to do it, IMHO.

The kit is designed for Hooker comp headers which have very different collector locations from some other brands.

What do you want for the summit kit. Shipping would be a killer.

Hey Jim,

I bought the whole exhaust system from TTI. Mine was 2 1/2 inch tho. It did fit my 69 383 Dart very well. Expensive but very well made. Sounds good too.

As you know the header on the drivers side hit the zbar. I didn't use the hydraulic cylinder, just banged in the pipe.

Kim.

IMG_2985.jpg

Did you use the TTI Mufflers also? Does it look like 3 inch would still have plenty of room? I don't how you got a Z bar to work I tried but went to Hyd.
Thanks,Jim

I have the summit 3" exhaust on my 71 dart it fits okay not the best
had to custmize it in a few places. It was worth the money that I payed for it

PictureorVideo025.jpg

I put a summit kit on my Dart 340 with tti headers.

You have to fab some pieces. It works fine up until the very front pipe on each side. They require some cutting and welding.

Did you start at the rear and work forward? That's the best way to do it, IMHO.

The kit is designed for Hooker comp headers which have very different collector locations from some other brands.

What do you want for the summit kit. Shipping would be a killer.

Exactly correct. Work from back to front. Their kits are for Hooker headers and anything else will probably require some fabrication.

Exactly correct. Work from back to front. Their kits are for Hooker headers and anything else will probably require some fabrication.

Does anyone know for sure if they are a direct bolt on, no fab needed, for a 73 Duster with Hooker Comp 1 5/8's into 3" collectors?

Yea, I did use the TTI mufflers, called DynoMax. I know in some of the threads at this site, some guys had concerns about using 3 in all the way back, something to do with exhaust velocity at low speeds. Ask the guys at TTI, they should know, if they will fit. My guess is they would...

will this kit fit a 76 dart? is the only difference between a 74 dart exhaust and the 76 exhaust the cats?

Thanks

blk00rt, yes, it fits multi years of A bodies.

I asked about it, sent a PM and never heard anything from the seller.

-
Back