Summit Racing/Texas packing

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
He everyone. Has anybody ordered from Summit Racing and had their stuff shipped out of Texas come to them all messed up? I’ve only had this reoccurring issue with Texas. Ohio, Ga., etc…. Zero issues. Texas…. Problems!

First package damage.

468007CF-AE8E-40C4-A21F-1FCBEADB34B0.jpeg

AAAC0DD1-6FDB-4F3A-B165-009D7DCF00D4.jpeg

EA6266EB-C968-4E57-9B7E-9C28A559D973.jpeg

1EEA2352-597C-4610-9306-2E7F70675272.jpeg

B4C20540-A0AA-4037-AE44-F8CCB4514610.jpeg

2AA038CD-535D-4E3C-9B5D-EDB57E1BB94B.jpeg

He everyone. Has anybody ordered from Summit Racing and had their stuff shipped out of Texas come to them all messed up? I’ve only had this reoccurring issue with Texas. Ohio, Ga., etc…. Zero issues. Texas…. Problems!

First package damage.

View attachment 1716039989

View attachment 1716039990

View attachment 1716039991

View attachment 1716039992

View attachment 1716039993

View attachment 1716039994
Man, that's too bad. I haven't experienced anything like that from Summit.

Went back through orders... couldn't find a Texas shipment. Ohio and Nevada. Super happy with their service. Sorry to see you get hosed

Well, here’s the second package that was under “Special orders” which the service rep read back to me as “Over pack for customer and safe shipment”

More lifters running around with the “Extra Packing” being a mini and full size catalog, my receipt and to deflated plastic air bags, 1 less deflated air bag than the first shipment!

101E3813-78A5-4A67-AA55-AF77EECAA324.jpeg

A91E0767-97B2-4F21-A4E2-EA6682EC0159.jpeg

1B18D5B3-B790-4C3D-B024-A7CB2D8A379D.jpeg

498691CA-3098-46E6-84FC-5B25804B1331.jpeg

9F281A17-E5E6-4BF2-A49D-F76C87E4871E.jpeg

When I spoke with the customer service fella, I said to him “I wish I could send you pictures of this debacle of shame!”

He said “Just hold on a second, I’ll get MY manager.”

So she got on the phone and I repeated myself. She asked if it was OK to send me a text for pictures and I was like “OH heck yea!”

Fellas, I did not move one or even touch 1 item before I sent a picture over. What you see is what Summit got the moment I opened up the box.

She was honestly freaking out saying “You gotta be kidding me, this is - and then she could not make a full sentence because she was honestly floored. You can tell these things when it happens live.

She made it right and is sending me out a new (2nd) package of lifters. This time, out of Ohio!

What the hell is going on in Texas? Is there something I’m missing that’s going on in the state or is it they hired a bunch or dunces? Even so, Texans are a staunch and proud bunch. I don’t like to cast stones as a general to a in general bunch. I’m not interested in making enemies. Especially Texans! But there was no pride in their packing twice. Not even a care or concern. Because it was obvious.

Makes me wonder if there trying to “Stick it” to Summit.

It look's like a shipment from the Dollar Tree.
What happened to the nice boxes parts used to come in.
The Howards lifters don't come in a nice box? to put in a nice secure shipping box with bubble wrap.

The thing that annoys me is In like have sworn I had a set of lifters ready to go. Nope! Had to order a set. All well!

I do have an older set needing refacing though. Those gotta go for a ride soon.

It look's like a shipment from the Dollar Tree.
What happened to the nice boxes parts used to come in.
The Howards lifters don't come in a nice box? to put in a nice secure shipping box with bubble wrap.
The Howard’s lifters came in a plastic folding box like a dollar tree screw driver set. Heat clamped sealed at 5 points less than a 1/2 of an inch long. Stand by for a picture

This in itself is annoying to see.
At least they’re in oil inside the package.
Unlike when they roll around the package bumping into valves and taking on cardboard.

Freak this crap!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Crap like this will eventually lead to ordering parts out of Shanghai China from Lee Lo Hungs speed parts and discount warehouse. They will be done the block from the speedmaster foundry.

Crap work, crap product, crap care, it’s an excellent way to lead Americans and jobs down the crapper.

At least you won't have to strain your hands and worry about breaking a ring if doing the pivot method when installing those bad boys.

:lol:

Back to the packing things to be shipped thread. That heat seal in the lifters is fine as long as the items is packed tight, like when howards shipped them to summit. Of course it wouldn't hurt to have a couple on each long side.

Crap like this will eventually lead to ordering parts out of Shanghai China from Lee Lo Hungs speed parts and discount warehouse. They will be done the block from the speedmaster foundry.

Crap work, crap product, crap care, it’s an excellent way to lead Americans and jobs down the crapper.
It doesn't help when people plan all year for the black Friday Seedblaster sale.
Come one come all, get your Edelbrock head and intake copies, carburetor, gear drive timing set and engine dress up kit
for a low price of $ 1199. lol we also throw in decals, carry bag , key chain and stickers for one low price. lol

I’m just floored over a twice I’ll packed box.

I am YET AGAIN super happy with Summits Customer Service people and there whole attitude towards all of this.

Once again, they rock.

There packers? Ummmmm, not so much from Texas.
They must be pissed off at a manager.

That's EVERYWHERE, in EVERY profession.... customer service? Screw you

The thing that annoys me is In like have sworn I had a set of lifters ready to go. Nope! Had to order a set. All well!

I do have an older set needing refacing though. Those gotta go for a ride soon.
Did I mention a fella just recently bought a lifter grinder?

When I spoke with the customer service fella, I said to him “I wish I could send you pictures of this debacle of shame!”

He said “Just hold on a second, I’ll get MY manager.”

So she got on the phone and I repeated myself. She asked if it was OK to send me a text for pictures and I was like “OH heck yea!”

Fellas, I did not move one or even touch 1 item before I sent a picture over. What you see is what Summit got the moment I opened up the box.

She was honestly freaking out saying “You gotta be kidding me, this is - and then she could not make a full sentence because she was honestly floored. You can tell these things when it happens live.

She made it right and is sending me out a new (2nd) package of lifters. This time, out of Ohio!

What the hell is going on in Texas? Is there something I’m missing that’s going on in the state or is it they hired a bunch or dunces? Even so, Texans are a staunch and proud bunch. I don’t like to cast stones as a general to a in general bunch. I’m not interested in making enemies. Especially Texans! But there was no pride in their packing twice. Not even a care or concern. Because it was obvious.

Makes me wonder if there trying to “Stick it” to Summit.
1, sorry that crap happened and sorrier it came from the Texas warehouse. 2. As a Texan, I don't take offense to you being upset and asking what the heck is happening here. I would be in the same boat if it happened to me. Once upon a time, you would be about 95% right in figuring it was a Texan. As in a real Texan. Now, the real Texan is much lower, and you're just guaranteed to have someone who lives in Texas, at least on that day. The influx of people from out of state and out of the U.S. is off the wall. And honestly, a lot from outside the U.S. do better than USCs. I'm glad you put this out here, raised a ruckus with Summit, and they're making it right. I'll likely be at the Summit in Arlington next week. I'm going to bring this up with them. Glad I'm picking parts up from them, and not getting it shipped.

@MyD750

Thanks. I’ve met a bunch of Texans in my time and I really like most everything about them and this also extends to the region. Excellent attitudes and pride in being an American and a Texan.
Mostly young fellas that are easy going but yet ready to rock and roll if ya know what I mean.

The native born Floridians are much the same way. There all freaking out at the influx.

@MyD750

Thanks. I’ve met a bunch of Texans in my time and I really like most everything about them and this also extends to the region. Excellent attitudes and pride in being an American and a Texan.
Mostly young fellas that are easy going but yet ready to rock and roll if ya know what I mean.

The native born Floridians are much the same way. There all freaking out at the influx.
Born in Texas, lived in FL my entire 52 years. ***** ruin't here. Old Florida's gone, the trails we used to run are gone. Hell, the Jonny Van Zant song " Brickyard Road"? The spring capped and homes built. Gone. What we do have is a crap load of people coming in here sucking up all the housing, vehicles and jobs. So yeah, we're Bitter.

LOL @Ironracer Sorry, ya made me laugh. But that’s what I hear a bunch. When I first got here I was asked if I was a republican. Then asked if I had guns, being from New York and all….. LOL!
I never owned one and felt that I never needed one in NY. I never felt threatened where ever I lived and even when it was in less desirable neighborhoods.

I was told to just relax and take it easy and remember these words… “**** it! It’s Florida, RELAX & take your time.”

That sounds great to me! I’m loven this place & the local born folk. There all a heck of a lot nicer and easier going like how people should be instead of all twisted up running around in clicks talking smack in the shadows of a corner with no balls swinging where it counts. Everyone is so chill it’s crazy.

“I have escaped the (evil) Empire State!”

It just sucks I gotta go back to see Mom and Pop.

Al
LOL @Ironracer Sorry, ya made me laugh. But that’s what I hear a bunch. When I first got here I was asked if I was a republican. Then asked if I had guns, being from New York and all….. LOL!
I never owned one and felt that I never needed one in NY. I never felt threatened where ever I lived and even when it was in less desirable neighborhoods.

I was told to just relax and take it easy and remember these words… “**** it! It’s Florida, RELAX & take your time.”

That sounds great to me! I’m loven this place & the local born folk. There all a heck of a lot nicer and easier going like how people should be instead of all twisted up running around in clicks talking smack in the shadows of a corner with no balls swinging where it counts. Everyone is so chill it’s crazy.

“I have escaped the (evil) Empire State!”

It just sucks I gotta go back to see Mom and Pop.
Good deal, I'm glad I could help!

-
Back