Summit Racing

-

slowdown

Reaction score
Ordered another 750dp carb from summit racing. It came with a broken rear squirter arm. Looks like someone tried to glue the broken bolt back to were it snapped off the carb? They didn’t even try to take the old broken bolt out. This is the second time they’ve sent a carb that had something wrong with it. The last one they told me they would send me the replacement part to fix it. Seems to me they’re shipping out there returns hoping someone will just fix what someone returned to them. Guy said they have no quality control just human error it happens. It’s a shame this kinda stuff isn’t controlled. Hope the next one is good.

I live about 7 miles from summit and I would rather eat worms than go there and deal with those people that think they know what they are talking about.

We get "new" parts in all the time with used/core parts in the box. You got any idea how many people have to handle that to get it to a retail outlet? It's a WHOLE bunch. We've made it our own store policy to open every frikkin box we get in. Have been doing it almost 2 years now, since the manager came up with the idea. Since we have to handle every box and scan it to check it in, it adds almost no time to open the box and look. We have dropped our off shelf warranty rate to less than 1% since doing this. All it takes is people who care about what they are doing.

I assume a Holley? Why not buy direct from them? Same price as Summit. I bought my Quick Fuel 650 SS from them.

Wanna hear a good one? Bought one of those "Open Box" deals from Amazon, a Whitleline sway bar for my Legacy, inside was a stock bar from an STI. Someone did the swap and returned the stock bar. It even had an "Inspected By" sticker on it. Dumb thing is Subaru's bars are black and Whitline's are grey plus there was some obviously missing support bars. I'll never do that again.

Even better one, where my buddy works a technician shipped a visually obvious damaged part. Customer issued a corrective action for it. Technicians reply was, "I saw it but it doesn't say in the work instructions to inspect the part, so a packaged it".

I'm about to order some wheels and tires from summit...yall need to stop scaring me

I'm about to order some wheels and tires from summit...yall need to stop scaring me
I had one other problem. The lady sold me one head instead of two, I had to call back after she told me the total and hung up. But the way I look at it, I’ve ordered tons of stuff from them and even though I have had minor issues, they are usually reliable. Not to mention, it sure blows Jegs website out of the water.

I ordered wheels and tires from Summit and had nothing but a good experience with them.
Call them up with your order, the tech threw in lug nuts and knocked about $200 off the price compared to the online order.
Also have them mount and balance them, I believe it was no cost for that also.

I did have an issue one time with whoever packaged a set of head gaskets, they folded them in 1/2 to get them to fit in the box.
Called them up and they shipped another set with no issues.

I've not had any issues with Summit. No issues with Jegs either. years ago i also ordered through MAS, no issues there either.

My experience has been that Summit has been one of the best places to buy anything online for many years. Every once in a while, something is not right. As soon as I call them, a new/ replacement part is on the way. Their prices, no state sales tax and speedy shipping are second to no one.

Their website and customer service is awesome, easy to navigate and accurate. If I order my part before noon, it is usually here the next day. That is amazing given the logistics involved.

The shippers they use are UPS, FedEx and On-trac. Of the 3, On-trac is the fastest 99% of the time. On-trac and Fed Ex deliver on Saturdays and UPS doesn't.

If people had any honor in them or knew and cared about the difference of right and wrong, they would not send back parts that they broke, stole or swapped parts from knowing that some other guy is going to get screwed if Summit doesn't catch the swap.

Summit is one of the best on-line retailers out there.

Sorry to hear you've had some problems with them. I've had issues with Classic Industries.

I've had nothing but great experiences with Summit though. This winter I've placed almost a dozen orders easily totally over $6k. All of which have come quickly and they've price matched and beat even the crazy black friday sales Hotchkiss had etc. Not only that but returns have been hassle free when I decided to go a different route with some parts I had purchased.

I don't even want to think about how much money I've spent at Summit, it's probably close to tens of thousands. Darn near everything I order comes from there. Spark plugs, oil, my Hotchkis and Hellwig sway bars, my QA1 LCA's, the holley 750 ultra DP on my Duster, intake manifolds, exhaust systems, paint and body work supplies, sheetmetal, engine internals, the wheels on my Challenger, heck even the T56 Magnum transmission for my T56 swap. I've bought from them for well over a decade now.

I think in all of that time and probably hundreds of orders I've had to send one or two things back? And the one time they sent me the wrong part by accident the right one was on my doorstep the day after I called them. They're one of the best in the business as far as I'm concerned, hands down. I almost always get everything I order the next day if it comes out of Sparks, and when part of an order comes from further away I find that they'll often upgrade the shipping on that part. Not because I rushed the order or paid for more shipping, but to have everything arrive at the same time. I know some of my experience is based on being a couple hours from the Sparks warehouse, but their customer service has been amazing the couple of times I've had to use it too.

The only other places I usually get parts from are the smaller specialty companies like DoctorDiff, Bergman AutoCraft, FirmFeel, Hughes, etc. I've mostly stopped using RockAuto just because by the time you pay shipping and wait a week or two for the stuff to show up any savings has evaporated. Jegs takes forever to get stuff to me, although that's not really the companies fault, just a warehouse location problem. But I rarely buy from them either, Summit is by far the best to deal with IMHO.

I've bought a **** load from summit myself. the best customer service I've ever gotten. I've returned a couple items no questions asked, not one. I got a set of torque thrusts from them , one had some blemishes , I took pics and sent them in, they sent me another wheel AND free shipping back for the one I didn't like.

I have a buddy who lives in Cleveland who has. Bought tons of parts there with no issues. I've purchased quite a few myself and have always been satisfied

I have no problem with Summit, I just returned a fuel pump I bought 10 months ago but never used. They took it back no questions asked.

I like the fact I can order most stuff from Summit (rare that it's not at their warehouse in Georgia) and have it on my porch the next day. Damn next best thing to instant gratification:thankyou:

I like the fact I can order most stuff from Summit (rare that it's not at their warehouse in Georgia) and have it on my porch the next day. Damn next best thing to instant gratification:thankyou:

i thought you had that A-100 parts hauler?
i cant believe you're not picking it up yourself

Parts hauling days are over, now it strictly *** hauling! Sorry, couldn't resist!:lol:

I ordered tires and wheels from them. I had wuality issues with the wheels and they were very good about making it right. After 2 rounds of the same defect the customer service rep had the warehouse workers pull the wheels out of the box and examine them before they sent them out. It takes a couple rounds of defects for that to happen though. That's their policy. It didn't cost me anything for return freight though. What happened to the defective wheels? I don't know but I hope they get sent back to Wheel Vintiques for repair or refinishing.

My experience has been that Summit has been one of the best places to buy anything online for many years. Every once in a while, something is not right. As soon as I call them, a new/ replacement part is on the way. Their prices, no state sales tax and speedy shipping are second to no one.

Yup, I have had zero issues here.

I did get trans temp gauge kit, and the sensor was damaged. They sent me a new one immediately (had it next day) with a return shipping label. I opened the box, took the new one out put the broken one in slapped the label on it and handed it right back to Lee (UPS driver) and away he went.

Yup, I have had zero issues here.

I did get trans temp gauge kit, and the sensor was damaged. They sent me a new one immediately (had it next day) with a return shipping label. I opened the box, took the new one out put the broken one in slapped the label on it and handed it right back to Lee (UPS driver) and away he went.
Had the exact same issue with a SW temp gauge, same process. They even shipped the new one with some other parts I ordered while on the phone (combined was under their $100 free ship threshold) no shipping charge. Thought that was nice.

I've used Summit for a few years and like many have ordered more than I'll ever admit to the wife from them. I have two different old cars. I'll use the other parts warehouse catalog, get the parts number, and then buy it at Summit. Price is always cheaper, and free shipping after $100. Customer service, parts tech's, delivery, returns, quick credit card credit, all first class. They make it easy!!

-
Back