Sunvisor question

-

loubee

Reaction score
Was finally able to score a set of sun visors w/ brackets for my '64 vert...woo hoo. But, now I have 2 questions;
1) how do you remove the rods from the mount bracket?
2) how do you remove the boards from the rods?
Reason is the 'new' ones have blue boards and I need red which I have but dont want to screw something up while getting them apart. TIA!!

with a pair of pliers and a rag so you don't scratch the shaft with a twisting/pulling motion. There are 2 rods in each,1 long with the mount and 1 shorty if they snap into the mirror with a rubber tip.

with a pair of pliers and a rag so you don't scratch the shaft with a twisting/pulling motion. There are 2 rods in each,1 long with the mount and 1 shorty if they snap into the mirror with a rubber tip.
Thanks worked like a champ. How do I get the rod & spring loose from the bracket.

Yours is chrome? The later ones were argent silver. Post a pic of what you mean,just in case I'm not understanding the part

Sorry,missed that yours is a convertable...post a pic anyways :)

Here they are....

Visor Brackets    2.JPG

Visor Brackets    4.JPG

Visor Brackets    7.JPG

They dont come apart in a way that you can put back together.

They dont come apart in a way that you can put back together.
Well isn't that just dandy.

Has anyone had a problem with inserting the stock rods into aftermarket 'Made Elsewhere', boards? Appears the metal tunnels are smaller than the rods. I'm doubting the rods grew so must be the inferior quality of the boards. But when that's the only place to get them, whats a man to do??

-
Back