Super 6 carb question

-

JaysNMDustr

Reaction score
Is there a carb out there that will fit super six intake like a Carter 2bbd but with an electric choke? Or is it just easier to get an electric choke kit? I dont know the year of the intake. /6 is 1970

Attachments

• image-1053768688.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 628
  • image-1268793056.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 542
Not sure about the Super Six setup, but both 1 bbl Slants and 2 bbl small blocks (same Carter BBD) had an electric assist choke in ~1974+ cars. I have one of each I got at JY. You need both the thermostat part and a separate thermo-electric controller part. You see the 1st on ebay all the time, but not the second. I would think the Super Six would have had the same.

Bill do you have a pic and part no. for the thermo-elect controller part you spoke of ? Thanks you for looking.

Here's one. Two connections; one to key-on +12v, the other to the choke heater. It controls the rate of choke heater warm-up so it won't open faster than the engine warms up.

Attachments

• $T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHrjYuBQZKE(lPy!~~60_35.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 380
The part they are showing still needs a cast iron exhaust manifold to work. With headers (shown in pic) a carbed slant will always be cold blooded. Have you considered a manual/pull choke?

Intake year doesn't matter. What does matter is the fact that you have headers, so you don't have a choke pocket to bolt your choke thermostat to.

You can do a manual choke but I wouldn't go that route. I'm the set it and forget it kind of guy and wouldn't want to deal with that every time I want to start the car.

I would make a bracket that attaches to one of the holes on top of the head and have it hang over where the choke pocket would normally be on a stock exhaust manifold. Then I'd buy an electric choke and mount it there so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

Nice find. Looks like perhaps an after-market electric choke. JC Whitney used to have those. I put one on my 69 slant w/ Holley 1920 carb, Can't say it worked better than the factory one, but I had continual carb problems at that time. You see those after-market ones on ebay occasionally.

You might try BFIC/Carbs Only. Their website lists three different ones. I'm leaning strongly that way, but my slant project isn't coming together quickly.

BC

That's the route I would go. Funny thing, though I looked at the compatibility list and the latest model listed is an '84. Will someone please tell me where 29 years went?

BC

I just bought and installed a holley 2300 and bought the electric choke conversion. Pricey but well worth it in my opinion.

-
Back