Super Six Parts check...kickdown part question...

-

slantysix

SlantySix
Reaction score
When getting the parts for the super six setup I need

- intake manifold
- exhuast manifold
- carb
- carb linkages
- throttle cable
- choke
- air cleaner
- extra nuts and bolts (manifold stuff)
- kickdown linkage rod
- will remove from doner car as complete unit.

Do I also need the kickdown lever on the tranny from the doner car?
Or will the kickdown rod attach to the lever on my tranny 72 scamp 225 slant six 904 auto. I just want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Get the Kickdown assy as well. This is the hardest part to find. If its gone all is not lost as a Lokar can be used.
Frank

Hi Roman,make life simple and get the Lokar setup for throttle and kickdown.It,s a piece of cake to setup,just remember to put a return spring on the kickdown lever at the tranny.

- intake manifold

Yes.

- exhuast manifold

Not necessarily. There is no 2bbl vs. 1bbl exhaust manifold; all slant-6 exhaust manifolds from '73 up are identical. The only relevant difference in slant-6 exhaust manifolds is the choke mount: '60-'65 is slightly different to '66-'69, '70-'72 is way different (open hole covered by stainless cup, instead of cast-in pocket), and '73-up is different again (cast-in pocket with rear wall cut away). If you intend to use the factory choke thermostat and electric control, then use a '73-up exhaust manifold. The better bet is to use an Electric choke kit number 1232, which will fit any '60-'69 or '73-up exhaust manifold directly and can be installed on a '70-'72 exhaust manifold if the choke cup gasket is in good condition.

- carb
- carb linkages
- throttle cable

The throttle cable may or may not fit your car, depending on the donor car year. See this post.

See above.

- air cleaner

Yes. If your car has A/C, you need the Super Six air cleaner with the flatted front to clear the compressor.

- extra nuts and bolts (manifold stuff)

See here.

- kickdown linkage rod

Complete kickdown assembly -- all rods, pivots, brackets, and the lever on the transmission.

Sounds like you have a complete donor car, but if there winds up being a problem with the kickdown, see this thread for kickdown options.

It is very much worth your while to get the good gaskets for the manifolds-to-head and intake-to-exhaust junctions.

Thanks a bunch, I was really not sure about the lever on the tranny. I'm gald you helped me out. Pretty lucky the whole setup is still in the car and everything is there. The doner is a early 80's Dodge Aspen... Thanks again. I've seen a few of these almost aways in four door Aspens and Volare's...

-
Back