Super six quarter mile time ?

-
As we all know, there is no "correct" math for knowing the 1/4 mile times off of the 1/8. For instance, a car with Turbo lag may have a real bad 60 ft, but might have amazing mph for the 1/8 time, making the last 1/8 "less time".
Chiming in a bit late, but I have been viewing Tesla info (considered shorting their stock, but the whole world already is). One youtube shows a Tesla beat a Lamborghini (borrowed from Elon's buddy, I understand). The Musk fanboys don't understand that Lambo's aren't designed for drag-racing, and the times are not terribly fast. Anyway, Tesla's are very fast off the line and thus have amazing 1/8 mile times, but soon run out of juice, so most gas dragsters pass them in a 1/4-mile. Similarly, I recall an old auto magazine article w/ Boss 429 against a 6-pack Road Runner in 1/4 mile. The Boss's torque always put it ahead at first, but at high rpm the Road Runner's better breathing always let it catch up and win.

My son's '74 Duster ran 18.788 @ 71.35 at Woodburn, OR in June 2012.

It was all stock with the exception of a set of headers. Still ran the original 1 barrel carb with 2.76 gears.

We bought it from a FABO member in Sacramento and drove it home to Fort Knox, KY, stopping for a Slant 6 race in Woodburn along the way. We averaged 22 MPG on that 2300 mile trip.

Doesn't Clifford make some excellent cams and headers for those?

Then you can get a Briggs & Stratton carb and you'll be rockin!

The answer won't be valid because the rotation of the earth becomes statistically significant and alters the location of the finish line at those levels of elapsed time.

Just make sure your track is either south facing (centrifugal assistance) or west facing so your not fighting the rotational force. South-West would be ideal....
This may help
3fc08d46f072b0d2c7e71a2829072d32b9ce7752
where a is acceleration..... :)

yeah, some mathematician is gonna call me out on this. Wait for it.....!

Doesn't Clifford make some excellent cams and headers for those?

Then you can get a Briggs & Stratton carb and you'll be rockin!

Thats not far from the truth...how about 6 on a slant? Ask SS Dan about the Argentinian race motors that used a B&S multi carb setup.

-
Back