super stock springs?

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
I have a 1974 dart swinger, what a good upgrade for the rear springs, is mopar super stock springs the way to go? And where to buy them?

002/003 's bullet proof,drag racing serious street. The factory XHD's ,nice stuff. What do you want?

I went with two passenger side SS springs cause I couldnt justify spending over $250 on springs. Alot of people complain they ride rough,jack the rear too high and handle like crap. My ride got a little more rough but you get used to it during the first ride and never notice again. The rear sits where I want and the handling drastically improved, a lot less body roll.

EDIT: I bought mine from Summit Racing in December and got free shipping.

I have XHD,s on my 74, sits a little high but I like that look. You can see in my avatar how it sits.

here is my 73 with dual passenger side springs and 1" bars up front, rides perfect! no float, isn't jarring, but firm.

waiting for the cash to get my 255/60-16 and rims on all 4 corners

Attachments

• stock 73.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 604
here is my 73 with dual passenger side springs and 1" bars up front, rides perfect! no float, isn't jarring, but firm.

waiting for the cash to get my 255/60-16 and rims on all 4 corners

what is the plus in changing out from stock springs?

The first question should be,what are your plans for the car ?
Grocery Getter,Street Car,Street/Strip,Strip Car, ?

what is the plus in changing out from stock springs?

new springs do alot of things... correct ride height, reduce roll in cornering(compared to worn out springs), increase traction, change ride quailty.

there are alot of reason to change springs out, but choosing the right spring for your app is important. i went with one side SS springs as i cant spring for hotchkis springs.

I am using lowering blocks to adjust the height with my SS springs. :burnout: My street tires aren't as tall as my slicks, so it's an easy adjustment for my setup.

..yes,what are you looking for?
if you want to improve the handling you will want a hotchkiss or firm feel style that is stiffer,flatter and will lower the car and it's centre of gravity.
if it's for drag racing or looks then other options are available

For my Scamp, I went with Mopar XHD springs I bought from mancinis.
I couldn't be happier with them. Nice stance, good handling.

Just a cruiser, I am doing my rearend and trying to knock it all out at once

Careful with the XHD springs,they have been known to raise the *** end up higher than some were hoping for. If that's the look your going for,there you go. If not,I would look into a set of stock replacement springs from ESPO Springs n Things.

the trick is to use either the XHD springs or the 2 passenger side springs. If it sits too high, one old trick is to "flip" the front spring hanger. You will have to do some minor modifying (with a rat tail file) to flip the hanger. IIRC, I believe this will lower the car about 1 1/2 inches. (maybe more??)

Just a cruiser, I am doing my rearend and trying to knock it all out at once

then no. SS springs are not the way to go.

call espo and depending on how high you want the car to sit get a set pf stock height, +1" or +2" springs from them..

Mancini Racing

Item# MRE19811982 $230.00

Product Description

Mancini Racing now offers replacement XHD springs for your Dodge or Plymouth A-Body.
Bolt in a set today, designed for high performance A-Body cars. These springs have 1"
added to stock arch to give more room for larger tires and better traction. Springs have
front bushings installed. Springs are sold as sets only.

I'll be darned! If I knew that, I would have went with those. I was finding XHD's for $230 per pack! But I'm extremely satisfied with my SS springs and they've been on the Dart for a month now, so no looking back!:burnout:

-
Back