Super Victor flow testing

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I’m going to do some better testing on this hopefully in the next month but someone sounded interested so I did a fast test while I had my head on my flowbench. Middle column is a new stock EFI Super Victor I’m going to be porting for a customer. Right column is my old Super Victor I ported 8-10 years ago. I spent 30 minutes on it quickly updating it to what I do today but it will be getting a one inch spacer blended. This wasn’t the perfect head to test on as it’s not exactly how I like so hopefully I can test next month on a set of 2.055 valved heads. Like I said my ported SV is not done but here are some pictures.

IMG_1656.jpeg

IMG_1657.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

Here’s the stock EFI Super Victor with a gasket laid on it so you can see how small the ports are stock. It gave up at .700 lift

IMG_1663.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1664.jpeg

Interested in seeing the results of the 2.055 valve head. That's the same setup I'll be running, except with an EFI elbow instead of a 1" spacer.

I have a Victor EFI that came with the spare parts from when I bought the Arrow last year. Just had it and the Indy intake I have port matched and spacer matched by a cylinder head guy up here in Maine. Getting them back this afternoon. Can't decide which one I should try first. Any suggestions?

I have a Victor EFI that came with the spare parts from when I bought the Arrow last year. Just had it and the Indy intake I have port matched and spacer matched by a cylinder head guy up here in Maine. Getting them back this afternoon. Can't decide which one I should try first. Any suggestions?

Would need more information. What heads are you running and are those intakes the same bolt pattern.

blue plug W5s that have been fully ported. The previous owner of the Arrow plugged the bolt holes on the Victor EFI and re-drilled it to the W2/W5 bolt pattern. The Indy intake is the rectangular port and has the W2/W5 bolt pattern already.

blue plug W5s that have been fully ported. The previous owner of the Arrow plugged the bolt holes on the Victor EFI and re-drilled it to the W2/W5 bolt pattern. The Indy intake is the rectangular port and has the W2/W5 bolt pattern already.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The super Victor unported sucks and even ported aren’t my favorite intake. The Indy intake and Victor340 are my favorites after they are ported. I guess the Super Victor with a spacer comes in a close 3rd

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The super Victor unported sucks and even ported aren’t my favorite intake. The Indy intake and Victor340 are my favorites after they are ported. I guess the Super Victor with a spacer comes in a close 3rd
Thank you for the info John, That cements my thoughts of going with the Indy. All of this porting/flow numbers, etc is voodoo magic to me. And I would never trust myself with a die grinder in my hands! My 5 watt light bulb only burns dimly at best, as the other half likes to remind me!

I know I bad mouth the Super Victor more than I should but if we as racers have a Victor and then out comes a “super Victor” what are we lead to believe. Keep in mind years ago I quickly gasket matched this intake and hit the plenum and it did go 9.74 with a comparable roller cam than I’m running now, less compression, and a well used block. The thing I can’t really remember is if that was before I went from 2650 to the heavier 2850 it is now with a stock block.

I know I bad mouth the Super Victor more than I should but if we as racers have a Victor and then out comes a “super Victor” what are we lead to believe. Keep in mind years ago I quickly gasket matched this intake and hit the plenum and it did go 9.74 with a comparable roller cam than I’m running now, less compression, and a well used block. The thing I can’t really remember is if that was before I went from 2650 to the heavier 2850 it is now with a stock block.
I think you just want to make me feel bad since I have an unported SV on my 408 in the avatar. Maybe one day I'll have to step up and do some blending on it (or better yet send it to you!!) and make some real power. I'm feeling a 10.99 in this car yet as it sits but 11.10 is its best so far so maybe that is the key. lol

Enjoying your posts - keep'm coming. :thumbsup:

I think you just want to make me feel bad since I have an unported SV on my 408 in the avatar. Maybe one day I'll have to step up and do some blending on it (or better yet send it to you!!) and make some real power. I'm feeling a 10.99 in this car yet as it sits but 11.10 is its best so far so maybe that is the key. lol

Don’t sent it here. I’m about ready to switch over to LS only. My buddy claims 10 hours and it’s out the door. I just told my buddy I haven’t made one cent so far this porting season. Wait on valve, springs, retainers, and keepers and they send the wrong size (5/16). Another customer can’t get springs. So I dropped both projects and loaf. Bad case of burn out.

I have unported SV on my 416 best of 10.18

-
Back