Supercharged 6.4L in a 64 Valiant

-
12B4B82A-4AF3-4265-B3F7-8B4CBD512375.jpeg
4CC7B7F6-4C19-4BB5-AA27-470E4711563A.jpeg
DB5FB9DC-ACC4-4F55-8D62-C22C8C8212E5.jpeg
Starting work on exhaust.

Last edited:
I apologize if this is posted and I overlooked it. I love the tire size appearance relative to the overall size of the car.
Could you please provide the pertinent info:
Finished mini-tub combined width (inside of left to inside of right)
Axle width (F to F)
Wheel width
Wheel backspacing/offset
tire sizes?

Thanks a million

I apologize if this is posted and I overlooked it. I love the tire size appearance relative to the overall size of the car.
Could you please provide the pertinent info:
Finished mini-tub combined width (inside of left to inside of right)
Axle width (F to F)
Wheel width
Wheel backspacing/offset
tire sizes?

Thanks a million

Finished mini-tub combined width (inside of left to inside of right) 36”
Axle width (F to F) 53" Mounting surface to mounting surface.
Wheel width 11"
Wheel backspacing/offset 6.70" BS.
tire sizes? 305/40R 18

Last edited:
Wheel width 11"
tire sizes? 305/40R 18
THANK YOU! Outstanding info

Wheel width 11"
tire sizes? 305/40R 18

This info is an absolute gold mine. We did my 65 Valiant early this year (mini tub and coil overs) and there just isn't much info out there for this process or what size wheels and tires will work on these early A's. These are 295/35/18s on 18x9.5 wheels. 3" strips added to tubs. Ladder bars and coil overs. Great thread and even better car Chuck.

20180317_101551-1.jpg
IMG_1579.jpg

This info is an absolute gold mine. We did my 65 Valiant early this year (mini tub and coil overs) and there just isn't much info out there for this process or what size wheels and tires will work on these early A's. These are 295/35/18s on 18x9.5 wheels. 3" strips added to tubs. Ladder bars and coil overs. Great thread and even better car Chuck.

View attachment 1715203625 View attachment 1715203623
Thanks Shakel. Tire fit looks great. I have that exact TIG you have there. Great machine.

View attachment 1715203625 View attachment 1715203623

That looks great!! I want that tire size under mine. Any more pics or a build thread?

Ill just post one more pic because i don't want to hijack Chuck's thread anymore than i already have. My apologies Chuck. I may start a build thread in the Early A threads later.

20180525_122007.jpg

Ill just post one more pic because i don't want to hijack Chuck's thread anymore than i already have. My apologies Chuck. I may start a build thread in the Early A threads later.

View attachment 1715203864

No problem here. Is that factory paint? If so, it would be great if you could just fix the driver's rear quarter panel to match the rest, replace the rubber, redo the chrome and trim and call it macaroni. I was going to do that to mine but found that it had been reshot so I just did the whole thing. Set me back months.

No, its not factory. You can see the lighter green starting to come through on the doors and some of the scratches. The factory paint was/is light turquoise i believe? I am going to leave it ratty like this for awhile. Ill start with the bright work and go from there.

No, its not factory. You can see the lighter green starting to come through on the doors and some of the scratches. The factory paint was/is light turquoise i believe? I am going to leave it ratty like this for awhile. Ill start with the bright work and go from there.
What did you do with the trunk spring supports. I was afraid to weld to the top center of tub thinking that it was not as structurally strong as the stock location.

What did you do with the trunk spring supports. I was afraid to weld to the top center of tub thinking that it was not as structurally strong as the stock location.

You could weld like 6x6 piece of sheet metal on under the supports to spread the load

I bought an amp for boats and side by sides that’s waterproof and has Bluetooth. Comes with a corded controller like that too. Decided to run it until I can mount the Redondo I have on the shelf. It works so well, I might just throw the factory radio back in and sell the redondo!!

Looks sharp!

Forgot to mention, if you don’t have something already, I spread the gospel on the F6 split wire loom. It’s easy to work with, and looks much much better than the plastic split loom junk. Pair it with the F4 tape that galvanizes to itself instead of using adhesive, and the harness looks as professional and tidy as it gets

I am taking all the notes... I did get the Dart convertible project The Yard Dart, a Reclamation. '64 Dart GT Ragtop and am really absorbing all of this info. A question or two: Does the four link setup have bump stops? Rubber?
I know that you selected an area of the floor pan to raise in order to provide muffler clearance; could you elaborate on what area you raised, how much and, looking back on it after install, would you do it the same if doing another? What are the wheel/tire size on the front?
My project build will hope to emulate much of yours. I even traded up welding machines and am practicing TIG welds... I plan to copy the mini-tubs, trans mount, cross member, tunnel, the whole thing. I have the (early version) AlterKtion and a leaf-sprung 8-3/4. I am considering the four link. Watching your project closely. thank you for sharing this.

Last edited:
I am taking all the notes... I did get the Dart convertible project The Yard Dart, a Reclamation. '64 Dart GT Ragtop and am really absorbing all of this info. A question or two: Does the four link setup have bump stops? Rubber?
I know that you selected an area of the floor pan to raise in order to provide muffler clearance; could you elaborate on what area you raised, how much and, looking back on it after install, would you do it the same if doing another? What are the wheel/tire size on the front?
My project build will hope to emulate much of yours. I even traded up welding machines and am practicing TIG welds... I plan to copy the mini-tubs, trans mount, cross member, tunnel, the whole thing. I have the (early version) AlterKtion and a leaf-sprung 8-3/4. I am considering the four link. Watching you project closely. thank you for sharing this.

A question or two: Does the four link setup have bump stops? Rubber? No bump stops
I know that you selected an area of the floor pan to raise in order to provide muffler clearance; could you elaborate on what area you raised, how much and, looking back on it after install, would you do it the same if doing another? I just eyeball it with the muffler I'm going to use. Anything is better. I've done this on my last several builds. Got tired of exhaust dragging/scraping. What are the wheel/tire size on the front? 18 X 7 Wheels. 225/40/18 Tires.

6EA44B62-19CF-4F26-B168-31BD9D8198FB.jpeg
81BB5216-4A59-427E-95F0-686C76710949.jpeg
Since 2013 Challengers have IRS there’s not a slip yoke on the trans. Had a custom drive shaft made by Inland Driveline. It came with this nice adapter. You can see the tone ring setup as well.

-
Back