supercharged "HEMI" six cylinder

-
it wouldn't fit the short hood noses , thus the /6 , but it could have been a p/u and truck engine , or chrysler could have made the /6 a hemi headed 6 . but than the intake and exhaust would have been a way different setup . and from the outside look it could be a ford inline six .

those wheels are sweet

That's badass. Inlines just don't get the respect they deserve.

It's not a "true" hemi. More like a "semi hemi". Just like the "new" Hemi's are not true Hemi's.

At least the new Hemis are cross-flow with huge valves so they have the breathing ability. They got away with calling the Aussie 6 a "Hemi" because the rockers were mounted on studs like a Chevy and were ever-so-slightly canted toward each other. Still reverse-flow like any old-school inline-6 but that doesn't mean they aren't cool as heck!

The Jaguar inline 6, that was a real Hemi. OHC too. Same with the air-cooled Porsche engines and pretty much any 2-valve Euro or Japanese performance engine.

Are you aware that Chrysler (or whatever their current name is this year) has a copyright on "hemi". They can use that word anyway they like.
I don't recall which came first, but back in the (I think) late '40's there was an overhead valve conversion for the Ford flathead V-8. It was called the "Ardun" conversion, and was a Hemi head. The designer was Zora Arkus Duntov of Chevy/corvette fame. If you look at the Ardun valve train, it is almost identical to the Chrysler Hemi valve train.

Are you aware that Chrysler (or whatever their current name is this year) has a copyright on "hemi". They can use that word anyway they like.
I don't recall which came first, but back in the (I think) late '40's there was an overhead valve conversion for the Ford flathead V-8. It was called the "Ardun" conversion, and was a Hemi head. The designer was Zora Arkus Duntov of Chevy/corvette fame. If you look at the Ardun valve train, it is almost identical to the Chrysler Hemi valve train.
There's a guy in The Lake County Cruisers car club that has a roadster with an Ardun headed flathead in it. Very cool stuff!

-
Back