Supercuda's on the way back...after18 years!

-
Hopefully harder this summer. Redoing the front suspension and new drag radials. Need to see some air under the front wheels, at least once.

Chrysler had several different copper/bronze/gold colors that they offered in the late 60s. I had a 69 Dart I bought new and it was a gold color I liked a lot.

Chrysler had several different copper/bronze/gold colors that they offered in the late 60s. I had a 69 Dart I bought new and it was a gold color I liked a lot.

Mine was Ember Gold , Paint Code JJ-1

A little too tame for me so I went with a Jeep color called Ember Glo Pearl Paint Code PYC . We also tinted it a little darker and added a little more metallic.

...some pics of the underside of my car..

DSCN5090.JPG
DSCN5091.JPG
DSCN5092.JPG
DSCN5093.JPG
DSCN5094.JPG

Haven't tightened all the fasteners up yet..

TTI 2.5" exhaust , Flowmaster mufflers and 2.5ID stainless tips to be installed as well as 7/8" swaybar.

Looks awesome, great Job! Do you paint the the sheetmetal around the cooler and headlights flatblack?

Well plymouth4ontherfloor... I decided to black out the front cowl area so no body color shows through the grills. It came out great but not until I spent about three hours masking everything I didn't want black covered up. Again, it would have been much easier if I had done this before putting the upper cowl sheet metal on and installing the radiator. Ill have some pictures posted soon.

DSCN5222.JPG

pics of Grill Blackout.... A lot of taping needed if done after the paintwork if finished!!

DSCN5223.JPG

man is that beast gonna be cool!!(well, it already is but you know what I mean) love the attention to detail - quite the resto-mod!! :thumbsup:

man is that beast gonna be cool!!(well, it already is but you know what I mean) love the attention to detail - quite the resto-mod!! :thumbsup:

Thanks very Much ScampMike, and thanks for following along with the build !!

Well plymouth4ontherfloor... I decided to black out the front cowl area so no body color shows through the grills. It came out great but not until I spent about three hours masking everything I didn't want black covered up. Again, it would have been much easier if I had done this before putting the upper cowl sheet metal on and installing the radiator. Ill have some pictures posted soon.
Looks great, it's a pain to mask the front when everything is in place. But it makes a big difference and the grill gets more attraction. Most new cars have silver radiators, it looks so ugly. Go ahead, that thing rocks!

Looks great, it's a pain to mask the front when everything is in place. But it makes a big difference and the grill gets more attraction. Most new cars have silver radiators, it looks so ugly. Go ahead, that thing rocks!

Thanks plymouth4onthefloor!!

Ya, I'm really liking it now that I painted the front. Funny how this FABO thing works. I really wasn't going to do it until I read your post. Got to thinking about your suggestion and decided it was the right way to go
I'm assembling the front grill section this weekend so you'll get a chance to see the final results when I post the pics.
Thanks for the suggestion and following along with the build!!

Just noticed something pretty strange in these pics!!

Even though car is not on jackstands, the front tires seem to be floating above the floor!!
Weird!!!!

You did say you thought it was sitting too low, maybe she heard you!
What I would like to know is why plymouth4onthefloor is towing your car away on a trailer?

Last edited:
Hmmmm , well I know I wanted her to "fly" when she was finished..... didn't mean it literally though:rofl:

Ah Mr. plymouth4onthe floor ????? I hope you and your trailer are still in Switzerland !!!!

Hmmmm , well I know I wanted her to "fly" when she was finished..... didn't mean it literally though:rofl:

Ah Mr. plymouth4onthe floor ????? I hope you and your trailer are still in Switzerland !!!!
did you look in your garage? That was my theft in Boston, i collect Goldfishes all around the world....
@ Andrews: you're welcome ! I'm waiting for more pics...

Latest pics from last nite...

Here , My buddy John is water sanding the finish. Paint was taken down with 1000 grit , then 1200, then 1500 and finally, 2000 . Car will then be buffed and polished.
May not be obvious in these pics but the car looks like glass!!

DSCN5231.JPG
DSCN5232.JPG
DSCN5233.JPG
DSCN5234.JPG

DSCN5235.JPG

Wanted to share another tip I discovered .

I needed the two rubber and steel mouldings that go between the rear side glass and the door frame as the rubber coating was worn off the steel portion of the moulding. I ordered two in from a well known supplier and they were not fit to use. Absolute useless Chinese junk!!

Sooo.... I refinished mine by using Plasti-Dip . I brushed it on , letting each layer dry first. Tried dipping them but made a complete mess of them and had to re do by brushing. The results are amazing..looks absolutely factory and fits perfect as it is an original part!!

Hope this helps someone else.

Pics below.

DSCN5018.JPG
DSCN5019.JPG

Wanted to share another tip I discovered .

I needed the two rubber and steel mouldings that go between the rear side glass and the door frame as the rubber coating was worn off the steel portion of the moulding. I ordered two in from a well known supplier and they were not fit to use. Absolute useless Chinese junk!!

Sooo.... I refinished mine by using Plasti-Dip . I brushed it on , letting each layer dry first. Tried dipping them but made a complete mess of them and had to re do by brushing. The results are amazing..looks absolutely factory and fits perfect as it is an original part!!

Hope this helps someone else.

Pics below.

View attachment 1715133725 View attachment 1715133726
The plastic dip works perfect, i used it for my redliners to years ago. No Problems with cracks or p
Sat66.JPG
eeling. Good idea to use it for the rubber parts!

Love the redline look, plymouth4onthefloor!!

I'm considering doing that myself

Love the redline look, plymouth4onthefloor!!

I'm considering doing that myself

Hi Andrews, take an red electric tape and try the look. I run Nitto drag radials in the back, but i wanted the redliner look. It's safer to drive modern tires on the road! The spinners are from the original wheel covers and give them a "factory" look.

Hi Andrews, take an red electric tape and try the look. I run Nitto drag radials in the back, but i wanted the redliner look. It's safer to drive modern tires on the road! The spinners are from the original wheel covers and give them a "factory" look.

That's not a bad idea.. Im also considering trying red accents in the grill area. red tape is a good way to experiment!

Thanks for the suggestion!

That's not a bad idea.. Im also considering trying red accents in the grill area. red tape is a good way to experiment!

Thanks for the suggestion!
Well, you know how I feel about red grill accents....LOL
That car is going to stick out like a sore thumb. Very slick for sure. You should see a gold glow protruding above whatever parking lot it is sitting in!
Gorgeous

Thanks for the kind words Dragger40!

Im gonna try the red grill accents this weekend. Lets see what happens..

Thanks for the pics Dfr360cuda !!

Very cool!!

Some new pics of test fitting grills . A lot of re-adjustments necessary to get these to fit after I disassembled them to refinish .Have to replace the headlight buckets , align and re- aim the headlamps so they look proper.

IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1325.JPG

-
Back