Supercuda's on the way back...after18 years!

-
Is it possible that this harness fits multiple years and newer cars are pinned differently?

Thanks for the reply mosleyme.

Ya, it is possible but the thing is, is that I ordered the engine compartment harness and the bulkhead harness and fusebox wiring all at the same time and specifically for my 1968 Barracuda using the part numbers the supplier provided.

You would think that there would be some sort of check in place to make sure the harnesses were correct.

Looking for some suggestions Guys and Gals..

I need a spare tire for ole Supercuda. I am considering a space saver spare (donut ) from a Ford Escape as it is the correct bolt pattern and is 24" in diameter with a 16" wheel. I want the spare to be able to be stored in the trunk well and still have the trunk board flush with the trunk floor.

Wilwood 11" front disk brakes /Mopar 11" x 2.5" LBP drums in rear.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!!

Supercuda's finally fired up!!
Car started flawlessly on 2nd revolution. No leaks, only problem was power steering hoses mounted wrong on the rack and the fan slightly hitting the fan shroud. Both problems fixed very easily. Man does this thing idle smooth and it is very responsive. Have a little more carb tuning and timing to do. Have videos but cannot upload. Apparently they are too large.

Damn I was hoping for a video. I'm curious what you do for a spare tire...im in somewhat the same boat.
Congrats on it breathing!
Supercuda's finally fired up!!
Car started flawlessly on 2nd revolution. No leaks, only problem was power steering hoses mounted wrong on the rack and the fan slightly hitting the fan shroud. Both problems fixed very easily. Man does this thing idle smooth and it is very responsive. Have a little more carb tuning and timing to do. Have videos but cannot upload. Apparently they are too large.

Looking for some suggestions Guys and Gals..

I need a spare tire for ole Supercuda. I am considering a space saver spare (donut ) from a Ford Escape as it is the correct bolt pattern and is 24" in diameter with a 16" wheel. I want the spare to be able to be stored in the trunk well and still have the trunk board flush with the trunk floor.

Wilwood 11" front disk brakes /Mopar 11" x 2.5" LBP drums in rear.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!!

A doughnut spare is what I put in my "coffee getter" silver HemiDuster. Like you, I want the ability to get "off the road" if I have a flat....front or rear. I think my doughnut came from a Ford. I have 2 battery boxes in my trunk.....one for the battery,..... one for a hydraulic bottle jack, limited tools...and some back-up (Mopar) electrical components.

Ok , I think I have the video sorted out. Thanks Joey !

Here ya go, first time starting Supercuda with the new Magnum 360 engine.

A doughnut spare is what I put in my "coffee getter" silver HemiDuster. Like you, I want the ability to get "off the road" if I have a flat....front or rear. I think my doughnut came from a Ford. I have 2 battery boxes in my trunk.....one for the battery,..... one for a hydraulic bottle jack, limited tools...and some back-up (Mopar) electrical components.

Hey HemiDenny,

Any chance you could check the tire/wheel size for me and let me know ?

Thanks!

Gooosh , that is such a gorgeous hunk of metal you have there. Very inspiring....

Thanks very much for the kind words R4Sedan, Been a long road to this point but very rewarding now that the end is in sight. Amazing that when Ole Supercuda coughed to life that all the bad stuff that happened during the build went away!!

Hey HemiDenny,

Any chance you could check the tire/wheel size for me and let me know ?

Thanks!
I myself wanted a real tire that you could actually drive on if necessary. Found a C195/70R-15 Goodyear "Cargo" tire that fits in the spare tire well pretty nicely (although sticks up a little more than I'd like). It's 25.7" diameter, matching my 225/60R15 tires perfectly. Put that on a 15"x6" x 4.5"BC standard "Ford" wheel.

I myself wanted a real tire that you could actually drive on if necessary. Found a C195/70R-15 Goodyear "Cargo" tire that fits in the spare tire well pretty nicely (although sticks up a little more than I'd like). It's 25.7" diameter, matching my 225/60R15 tires perfectly. Put that on a 15"x6" x 4.5"BC standard "Ford" wheel.

Thanks for the info 69_340_GTS,

I tried a 15 X 6" Ford wheel but it raises my trunk mat up about 3/4 " This is just enough to create a ridge where the mat can tear. This is why I am considering a donut spare tire. May go with it anyway and build a raised platform in the trunk to compensate for the extra height. The Mat covers the whole trunk floor anyway so it would not look too far out of place.

Late to the thread resto and am very impressed. Excellent workmanship and quality parts. Congrats on beautiful car. Now enjoy with nicer weather coming.

Late to the thread resto and am very impressed. Excellent workmanship and quality parts. Congrats on beautiful car. Now enjoy with nicer weather coming.

Thanks very much 3406PK !!

Can't wait for the winter to break. Its been a long time since I've driven the Cuda and it will be a whole new experience as everything about the car has changed since I last drove it in 2000.

Here's the second video of startup. Idle adjusted, Electric choke adjusted but still have to complete timing/floatbowl levels etc.

Here's the second video of startup. Idle adjusted, Electric choke adjusted but still have to complete timing/floatbowl levels etc.

Sounds great, good looking, i love your Barracuda! Congratulation
You could also use a tire fit ( tire cement) and a small compressor instead of the spare wheel. It doesn't repair a blown tire, but a nail or screw hole is no problem.

Sounds great, good looking, i love your Barracuda! Congratulation
You could also use a tire fit ( tire cement) and a small compressor instead of the spare wheel. It doesn't repair a blown tire, but a nail or screw hole is no problem.

Thanks plymouth4onthefloor!

Considered the repair kit but Im going to need a spare as this car is going on a few long distance trips.

Thanks plymouth4onthefloor!

Considered the repair kit but Im going to need a spare as this car is going on a few long distance trips.
I never seen here in Europe so many blown tires as in overseas, so i understand your wish for a spare wheel!:steering:

I never seen here in Europe so many blown tires as in overseas, so i understand your wish for a spare wheel!:steering:

Ya, the road conditions in Eastern Canada are terrible ! Got our wonderful government to thank for that! I hear the rest of Canada is not much better.

Oh well, have to plan for it , hence the useable spare requirement.

Appreciate you following my thread and the comments.

Cheers!!

spare / doughnut is T125/30R16

Pm me your e-mail or phone number and I will send you pics of it in the well.

-
Back