Supercuda's on the way back...after18 years!

-
Finally, Supercuda's moving under her own power. Had a beautiful spring day here today so I decided to see what the car looked like outside. Car sounds awesome and looks great under the sun. Ran into a little problem with shifter adjustment (hence the gear grind you hear ) but got it adjusted in short order. Just some small details to attend to and I should be able to do a test run.

Been waiting a long time for this, hope you like it.....

Video below.

https://youtu.be/Rvq2_YEJSjM

Nice, the car looks and sounds great. I have to figure out how to post some videos one of these days.

Nice, the car looks and sounds great. I have to figure out how to post some videos one of these days.

Thanks qkcuda!

Posting video is actually pretty easy. Main thing you need to do is log on to youtube and follow the instructions for opening an account.

As soon as I get a minute Ill post a step-by-step on here of how I actually did mine. I'm sure others on here probably have a better way but mine works ok for me.

Thanks again for following along with the build !!

Hey Guys,

I would like to run a mechanical oil gauge along with my oil pressure gauge in my rallye dash. Can anyone help with what fitting I could use to accomplish this? Where did you buy your's etc...

Thanks !!

If a local auto part store doesn’t have fittings to make a “T” fitting, this factory part was on a few later model Cordoba’s & like year cars that ran such set ups. $5 at a local junk yard? If possible?

image.jpg

Not sure if this helps, but i picked up a 16" donut spare off a 2002 grand marquis. 16" diameter rim BBP, will clear cordoba big brakes and explorer rear discs. Diameter is 24.5" width is 4.5" will fit flat in spare tire well.

Not sure if this helps, but i picked up a 16" donut spare off a 2002 grand marquis. 16" diameter rim BBP, will clear cordoba big brakes and explorer rear discs. Diameter is 24.5" width is 4.5" will fit flat in spare tire well.

Thanks very much for the info moparmat2000!
That's exactly what im looking for!

Are you driving around in Supercuda yet? Enquiring minds need to know.

Just doing a few final paint touch-ups qkcuda. Inevitable scratches that resulted from re-assembly. Also have to address a slight valve train noise and check brakes . Hopefully Supercuda will be back home on Saturday. Planning a Go-Pro video to post on here of the first run.

Grabbed a second donut spare off a last gen RWD town car since i need 2 of these. One for each car. This one was never used either and its aluminum if your looking for weight reduction. I got a good measurement of both wheels. Actual tire width of these is about 5.5" , outer diameter is more like 25" and inside clearance for brake rotors is 14" which should be plenty. And 5.5" should still be low enough for the floor to sit flat. Not sure if i want to paint the rim black or leave it aluminum color.

20180613_180052.jpg

20180613_180045.jpg

Last edited:
You have to hurry, summer isn't that long down there.

Absolutely qkcuda!

Parts of our Province just had 30cm of snow!!

After waiting so long, I'm fighting the urge to rush it. Too close to F#$k it up now!!

New Video on the way....

Grabbed a second donut spare off a last gen RWD town car since i need 2 of these. One for each car. This one was never used either and its aluminum if your looking for weight reduction. I got a good measurement of both wheels. Actual tire width of these is about 5.5" , outer diameter is more like 25" and inside clearance for brake rotors is 14" which should be plenty. And 5.5" should still be low enough for the floor to sit flat. Not sure if i want to paint the rim black or leave it aluminum color.

View attachment 1715187233

View attachment 1715187235

Hey moparmat2000,

Didn't realize that the dummy spares came in aluminum . Great option!!

Thanks very much for the post!!

I didnt know either till yesterday. I went back to the same salvage yard the next day. They were closing for the day the first day i went there, so i went back. Half the lincolns the trunks were locked, but i found one in a popped trunk. woulda been nice to have found 2 aluminum rims, to have the same type for each car. I was looking for another steel rim when i came across this one. Took some measurements, its the same dimensions as a steel one. I plan on running 225-60R15s their diameter is 25.5" these tires are 25" diameter. Thats really close to the tire sia i plan on running, so i shouldent have a problem with a limited slip if i have to put a donut on it. Nice thing about those lincolns, marquis, and crown vicks is they lead pretty pampered lives. Both spares i got had never been used.

Last edited:
Are you driving around in Supercuda yet? Enquiring minds need to know.

Finally !!!

Supercuda is finished!!

Had the car out last night for the first run and it went flawless !! Extremely responsive engine and the RMS suspension with the rack and pinion steering makes for an unbelievable ride!. What a difference between the old torsion bars and manual drum brakes... totally blown away!! Also the addition of the 4-speed from the auto trans is just magic.

Here's some pics of ole Supercuda just before leaving the "Stable" for the last time. Go Pro video to follow...
DSCN5379.JPG
DSCN5381.JPG
DSCN5379.JPG
DSCN5381.JPG
DSCN5382.JPG
DSCN5384.JPG
DSCN5385.JPG
DSCN5388.JPG
DSCN5390.JPG
DSCN5391.JPG

Congratulations! I'm glad it runs and drives as good as it looks! That's an awesome car. I love the color too!

Cley

Awesome! Now its time to enjoy all your hard work. Going to have to take mine out for a ride on the weekend.

-
Back