SuperStock spring tips.

-
Do you mean,

That these guys had it wrong in April 1968, during their BO29 Drag Race Tests.

2573516-ugiii8.JPG

By 1968 standards, no.

By 2014 standards, yes.

"Yes,

Pre-Load is probably not the right term to use."

Agreed and now that we've got that out of the way , I have always wondered how the cam centerline somehow equals the center of gravity ? It isn't even a thrust line as the center of the crank could be , wouldn't the true center of gravity would be determined by the shape , size of the car and the manner in which the weight of the car is spread within the car , ie height of the engine , trans and any ballast . Would taller motor mounts truly change the center of gravity of the whole ? would de-arced springs in the back not change the center of gravity without changing the cam height ?

PS that Sox and Martin car sure has the rear wheels pushed back doesn't it !

I am using the P3412003-P3412002 Super stock springs on my 73 Duster. Im not a big fan of the 1970's jacked up rear look so I am also using the 2" lowering blocks. Should I still use a shock with the extra travel. Couple of guys here use an 1968 Imperial shock or just use the standard travel Duster Shock.

You will still need to use the longer shocks. Since the shock plates are under the springs, they are not affected by the lowering blocks.

I put my S/S springs in yesterday. Have 2 inch lowering blocks and packed out my rear shackle mounts 1 1/2 inches. I still only have about 70 degree angle and need to pack out more to get it correct. Haven't got shocks on yet, havent decided on what I am going to use.

Others i have read have only used 1 inch shims to get the correct angle. Im guessing my lowering blocks are preventing me from getting correct angle. If I took them out it wouldn't it lengthen the spring pushing the bottom of the shackle back towards rear of car?.

Don't really want to pull out the lowering blocks cause I like the stance it has.

Attachments

• IMG_4912.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_4911.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 408
I think you have plenty of angle of the rear shackles. There isn't a specific number. Don't worry about getting any more. I used 3/4" spacers with no lowering blocks on my car and doubt I have that much.

The idea is to have enough angle so the bottom part of the shackle doesn't run out of forward "swing" when the body rises. But I don't believe in excessive body rise anyway.

-
Back