supplier help/ RT Specialties

-

kocuda

Reaction score
I decided to replace the front door glass felts, you know the one on the front of the glass tats slides up and down in the vent window rail, and the one on the rear of the glass. Well I ordered the parts from RT Specialties in PA the first part of April. Took me 3 weeks and numerous calls after ordering to finally get them. I then discovered I needed the lower window channel U moldings. The rear window guide that sets down in the door.
It took me 4 weeks and numerous calls with them telling me they were shipped to finally recieve them only to get the wrong moldings. Called again was told sorry we'll ship the right ones. Waited a week got nothing, called again and was told they have been shipped. Another week has gone buy and nothing.
Im by now on a first name basis with the person who answers the phone, and all I get is promises and no action. I'm about to call and go balistic, but I dont know who else would have the part and I know they do.
Anyone else delt with RT Specialties?
Do you know of any other suppliers?
Ive had my doors torn apart for 10 weeks and am frustrated as HELL!
Its June and my car hasnt been out of the garage yet this year!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with RT Spec. I did fax them a question for a shipping quote a couple of years ago but never got any response from them.
So I just stayed away from them.
Your issue looks to be exactly like my issue with "Instrument Specialties" from Oxford MA. Just a lot of promises but no action. And I can tell how frustrating this kind of deal is. Really hope you´ll be able to sort this out.

Tom is a very busy guy, pretty much a 1 man shop. Be patient. He attends a lot of shows and tis the season. He is a great guy to deal with. Don't bash him.

Tom is a very busy guy, pretty much a 1 man shop. Be patient. He attends a lot of shows and tis the season. He is a great guy to deal with. Don't bash him.

Didn't sound like bashing to me,just a major lack of service that a customer should be able to expect !! Forwarned is forarmed !!! I learned many years ago that the best form of advertising is "WORD OF MOUTH",it can work for you,or it can work AGAINST you,the provider is the one to determine which is best for him !!

Thats what they say about Mike Mancini at "Instrument Specialties" too, fact is that I still haven´t got my instrument cluster that I did pay $1140 in the beginnig of December -09 for to have it refurbished. Very busy,yes...... guess he´s too busy to complete his deal with his customers. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... But he didn´t have any trouble with to accept my money.
Sorry kocuda for the hijack of your thread.

Sad to say but Several of my customers have had the same problem with RT specialties....no answer...no call back...no parts shipment....not a way to do business!

Back to the question on the window parts...the front felt is still available from Chrysler!...it was also used on Vans with vent windows.
The other peice you need - maybe Softseal???

I ordered parts from RT specialties too and after 2 weeks I'm still waiting for the parts. I called and he finally picked up the phone after 3 days. He claimed he shipped the parts on a Monday but BS'd me cause I later found out from the tracking number he had not shipped them till 5 days later. I never got a email with an invoice either. In the meantime I'm still waiting for my parts. Never again with RT.

-
Back