Sure grip question

-
15465646207725378290507014717292.jpg

Good thing is that clutch Dana center works in all the 3 cases. Don’t do what I did and put a cone unit in a 742 case. Worked fine with 4.56 gears but when dropping to 3.55 not so good. Pinion rubbed the center. Had to shave the pinion head to get it right. All because I misplaced the buttons at some point and used a cone center to move forward. Sold the Dana center long ago but have found the buttons and still have them.

Put the axles in and line everything up.
Draw the bolts down evenly.
Make sure the axles will slide in and out.
Tighten to 25 ft lb
Check axles go in all the way.
Tighten to 50 ft lb
Use red loc tite on the bolts

Use a long punch to drive the pin out of the button.
Remove the button.
Should be good to go.

Last edited:
Don't throw the old disk away. Later you can use a couple to tighten up a loose unit.

As long as you soak the disc before you put them in.
And assemble them correctly and torque them back down, should work great, good luck with it

As long as you soak the disc before you put them in.
And assemble them correctly and torque them back down, should work great, good luck with it
I soaked them overnight in all of that jug of modifier and kept dipping my fingers in it and rubbing it in there one more question what oil should I run and more modifier?

I use Lucas for lsd units. If you have popping or jumping on the inside tire in a turn then you need to add more modifier.

You can or just drive it around some corners.

Driving around the corners allows the clutch packs to open up and let in fluid.

You can or just drive it around some corners.

Driving around the corners allows the clutch packs to open up and let in fluid.
Gotcha cool thanks again next is ring n pinion with the sure grip I'm taking that in to get done I'm swapping 2.76 7.25 rear for 3.55 with the 8.75 I hope I'm gonna like it lol

-
Back