surprised by legendary interiors

-

loops

Reaction score
I purchased a set of seat skins for my 73 swinger from their clearance section. After having them professionally installed....the seam started to separate on the drivers side. I spoke with legendary, and they will not warrentee their stitching on a new product. The clearance section said no guarantee on color only. Shame on them!!!!!!!!!!

X2....mistakes happen but its customer service that fixes mistakes! Thanks for the post and I hope they straighten it out for ya!

That suckssss,any chance the installer pulled to tight when installing them,I know first hand been there.

My dealings with them have all been positive. Might want to send them a link to this???

Most on here have had good luck with customer service,but not all of us.All I can say is Good Luck!

That surprises me too. I have had TWO rear seat back skins from them that did not fit right. I sent photos and eventually my old skins for comparison. One was for my 67 Fury and the other for my 66 Barracuda. After measuring the differences, and realizing they had made a mistake in their measurments, they fixed them both at no extra cost to me. Call them and ask to speak to Mike Saless, he helped me out and was very courteous. Or email [email protected] Martin Beckenbach is the owner of LAI [email protected] Good luck, I hope they make this right with you.

I would still buy from them with out any hesitation. My boss has been in the upholstery business for a super long time and said that Legendary quality beats all other hands down. Buying correct material to match the cars grain, paying a pro upholster to make them from scratch, is very expensive so actually you can't beat Legionaries price when you take that into consideration.

I am having my buckets reupholstered by a local shop. The costs to do two buckets $600.00. I will post pics of the seats when I get them back. Hopefully they (Legendary) will come through for you.

Looks like 4spdcuda66 got his issues with them straightened out. I would take his advice and email his contacts...if that fails, then I would email them a link to this thread.

Just got new covers for my front bench seat from Legendery, Perfect in every respect. Stay away from clearance.

the seat covers from clearance was that the dye lot was no longer available, and the set I bought was the last set. When purchased, they told me it was first quality, but not returnable because they could not math the color again.( bright blue with shadow oak insert) When I called about the seam issue, I spoke with Paul Currier at Legendary and was informed that They will repair the seam.....but I have to ship them my bench seat and pay 75.00 for the repair, then pay for return shipping! WOW! Normally I am always skeptical of clearance items but was assured by Legendary they where perfect except for color.

That's not very good customer service. I have their front and rear covers, and all 4 door panels in my Dart. All of it was top quality, but was very pricey. I would follow the other's advice above and try to resolve it with them amicably. If they refuse, then I would go the negative route and link this thread to every car related forum you can find.

You say they were professionally installed? Any chance that person could repair the stitching?

I don't interpret this as negative feedback for Legendary Interiors.
I'm reading " Don't buy off the clearance table"
Future customers should take note If you buy fresh production soft parts today and store them in your home 5 to 10 years before installing, The same seam failure can occur.
Fabrics dry and deteriorate from the cut edges inward. Sewing needle holes are no exception.

I am having my buckets reupholstered by a local shop. The costs to do two buckets $600.00. I will post pics of the seats when I get them back. Hopefully they (Legendary) will come through for you.

That is a very good price. I would check with them on exactly what they are going to use. My bossman said that there is more to it than what one would think. Different quality of vinyl, different quality of foam backing, etc...

the seat covers from clearance was that the dye lot was no longer available, and the set I bought was the last set. When purchased, they told me it was first quality, but not returnable because they could not math the color again.( bright blue with shadow oak insert) When I called about the seam issue, I spoke with Paul Currier at Legendary and was informed that They will repair the seam.....but I have to ship them my bench seat and pay 75.00 for the repair, then pay for return shipping! WOW! Normally I am always skeptical of clearance items but was assured by Legendary they where perfect except for color.

To begin, all our manufactured clearance items maintain the Legendary quality standards in craftsmanship. The products listed in the clearance section have either been discontinued due to dye lot (color change) or have been made in an incorrect color for year/make/model. Therefore they do not carry any warranty. We offer these as a low cost solution for budget minded individuals needing interiors. In the photo that you have provided to us, this is not a "seam" issue. As you can see, the seam is still fully intact and sewn maintaining high quality construction. The vinyl has torn indicating to us an installation issue (see wrinkled areas and welt that should be riding along outermost edge of frame). We completely understand your situation and we are willing to help repair the seat for you at minimal cost. Thank you for considering Legendary Auto Interiors. We hope this helps everyone understand and clears up any concerns with clearance items or installation questions.

Tech Department
Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.
1-800-363-8804

Attachments

• DSC00560.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 345
WOW! I've always been impressed with LAIL. I've spent more there than I could ever tell my wife and any time something wasn't right they always fixed it for me. All the seat covers and trim for my Dart fit perfectly and was of the highest quality. Sport

Dear Lail1985:

The photos that you refer to in your post are NOT photos that I sent to Mr. Currier at Legendary, they are just stock photos. They do not represent the ripping seam. The seam that I am having an issue with looks like it was sewn with a dull needle on your Juki sewing machine. The seam is separating along that line with oversized needle holes. I appreciate your company offering to fix " the Problem for only 75.00" proving that I ship my bench seat to Northern NY. At this point I will just pay my Installer to fix "the problem" and enjoy my ride. The next question I have....for the next project.....does Legendary only do in house repairs for warranty work? Your product is beautiful.

Thank You,

Mike(loops)

I am sorry for the prior post. Please accept my apologies. That is a photo of my seat........Once again I am sorry.

I got a set of covers from Legendary and put them on my self. I am very happy with them and will buy again. Sorry to here of your troble Loops. Looks ave you conntacted them about it?

I got a set of covers from Legendary and put them on my self. I am very happy with them and will buy again. Sorry to here of your troble Loops. Have you tryed conntacting who ever installed them?

-
Back