Survivor 68 Dart 270 being sold

-

rollinggrille

Reaction score
I've got a clean 68 2 dr Dart 270 model that I'm going to be selling after the first of the year. It's got 61,000 original miles, rust free, 273 auto. I was thinking ebay, does this forum watch ebay and generate news of cars for sale? I'm not sure what she's worth so I'm hesitant to throw a price out there. It's very clean and totally unmolested, 4 brand new 13 inch tires, all new wheel cylinders, master cylinder and fresh Amsoil oil change. Needs a battery tie down, it's yellow with a white interior which is also original. Drivers side of the seat has a small split, perfect door panels and dash pad, original working am radio.

I don't really know the value of it, so I thought ebay would be the best way to get what it would be worth. I've got a couple little things to tend to on it and I didn't want to list it during the holidays when folks have other things to spend money on and probably aren't looking at vintage cars. I'll try to figure out how to post a link to the auction when I list it.

Post some pics here on FABO and I'm sure you'll get plenty of opinions about what your '68 is worth. I'd also try to sell it here first since we're a bunch of A-body fanatics and you would also save the eBay costs.

Problem,with e-bay sometimes you get people with zero feedback bid your car up and don't have the funds to buy it. Then when you re-list it usally doesn't work as well the next time. Talk to some of the guys on here they will give you an honest opinion of what your car is worth, corse you'll have to post some pictures and you get all this for free. This is a great site with a great bunch of people. Who knows you might sell your car faster than you think with out all those FEES!!!! Good Luck!

eBay lately has not been a good place to get what a car is actually worth. If you list it with no reserve hoping to get a fair price for it you may be sorry. With this economy prices are way down. Post some photos of your car on here and describe it to us. This is a good place to get an honest opinion on what it is really worth.

Better yet....Hang out with us and you will probably keep it !!!

Looks really solid!!! It'd almost be too nice to cut up... almost.

Joking aside though, the guys on here will definitely give ya a good price for it... way more accurate than ebay. Heck, ya will probably end up selling it here too. I wish I had the money for an A-body of my own.

Post what you want for it. I'll take it if the price is right.

I've got the car cleaned up and it runs beautiful! 4 new tires, new master cylinder, all new wheel cylinders, oil change and such. It has some surface rust in the trunk floor, no holes though. I cleaned and wire brushed it real good and coated it with a 2 part corrosion resistant primer called CRE, made by PPG. I do vintage car restoration for a living, and it's a product that I've recently started using and since I had some around... The car was painted once back in 2000 with base/clear and still shows pretty well. There are a few sand scratch/shrink spots that are visible when the car is inside under artificial lighting. It was rust free when painted, basically done because being here at this altitude in Colorado, the sun had baked through the original paint and the owners wanted to keep the car looking nice because it was so solid. Back in it's early days it had part of the left quarter replaced, must have been way back because the Chrysler part # is still visible on the inside of the panel. The body filler is cracking around the seam at the bottom of the left sail panel where it was sectioned, but other than that this car is as clean and solid as any I've ever seen! This 273 purrs, I can tell the exhaust manifolds have never been removed, and I think the water pump might even be original still. I picked it up from the second owner who bought it used off a Dodge dealer lot here in Denver in 1983. I have some documents, the certicard with the original owners name on it, owners manual and the top 1/2 of the broadcast sheet was still under the rear seat cushion. The a.m. radio still works, nobody has ever molested the dash or wiring :) No cracks in the dash pad, interior is all original, 1 split in the front seat but the vinyl is pretty dried out and you can see it starting small cracks in other areas. NO rust on the bottoms of the doors, fenders or quarters. I noticed the trunk was repaired right in the center around the lock, and body filler is starting to crack there, but it's minor and the trunk isn't rusting on any of the seams. About the only things that are not original on the car are the hoses under the hood, the clamps, the plug wires, master cylinder, and battery, which I just replaced so its' brand new. It's missing the battery hold down, and the tray is a little rusty but all there. It still has the original cardboard over the spare, the original trunk mat, the jack with retaining spring, hood insulation, everything is all there. I drove the car around my neighborhood, only about 2 miles and it runs really nice, like stepping back in time. I'd love to keep it but I need to many other things for my restoration business. Here are some pics,I've got a whole bunch more if anyone would like to email me I can send them out. I'd like to get 7.5-8K for it, what are everyones thoughts? Hmm, I uploaded pics but they are not here, email me and I'd be glad to send them out.

Jeez I hope they loaded this time.
. Please email me if there are specifics anyone would like to see that would help determine it's value, and I'll try to take more smaller file pics to advertise in the classifieds.

Attachments

• CIMG7619.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 204
  • CIMG7628.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 224
  • CIMG7621.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 196
  • CIMG7627.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 187
  • CIMG7622.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 221
  • CIMG7615.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 239
  • CIMG7636.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 221
  • CIMG7614.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 231
  • CIMG7577.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 214
  • CIMG7579.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 212
Nice looking Dart! Looks like you did a nice job cleaning her up. Good luck with the sale. Can't hurt to try ebay, the price of listing a car is right to attract a national audience. I sold one as clean as yours a couple years ago and they were going to make a Hemi clone car out of it. Kind of sad but they had the money and I needed it at the time.

I saw this car a while back for sale......was it Ebay or Craigslist? Nice car.....and a smokin' deal.

I have the title in hand, still dealing with a couple small issues like the voltage regulator, a burnt marker light bulb etc... Due to the weather here in Colorado I haven't had the chance to drive the car in the past month, I live in the mountains and also work out of state on the east coast at a restoration/race shop a few weeks at a time so I've had little time to mess with the car. No obvious reason it wouldn't make a long drive but I don't know if I'd be brave enough to go for it without a lot of local driving first to see if it had any quirks.
I'll probably get her listed on ebay after I return from my next work assignment in feb, hopefully get a chance to drive it around some too so I can make sure all is well with it.

-
Back