Suspension questions (bare with me please)

-
Reaction score
So I am ordering up my parts, and I have ran into a snag.

I want a 4-Link coil over rear end I know that, but there are many brands out there, which is the best? Control Freaks (Mr. Norm's company) offered me a really good deal on their set, but I haven't heard of anybody really running that setup. Then their is Magnum Force which is more common along with other companies, any input would be greatly appreciated. Added note, I don't want it lowered, I actually want to make my scamp look like the hemi dart factory pro-street models.

Is the IFS that both Control Freaks and Magnum Force offer truly worth the price? For 6,000+ I want to be sure, so whats every bodies opinions on them when drag racing/daily driving/corner carving/braking.

Thank you, and sorry if the questions seem kinda dumb, I just really like to know as much as possible before I drop almost 10k into my suspension if I can get something better for half the price.

FYI: http://www.freakride.com/2011_mopar_suspension.pdf - Control Freak

Ya, figured I would at least throw it up for somebody to see tomorrow, I work long hours, so I just got home when that was posted, heading to bed now. Hopefully I get some answers, wanting to order my suspension on Monday.

forget about all that other junk....RMS is the way to go..I have their front and rear suspension on my dart...There is not ONE thing negative about this beautiful front suspension system...Try searching the entire net for negatives, you wont find one...Bill's customer service is top notch. Amazing lad he is!

http://reillymotorsports.com/

I second the RMS. Awesome set up. The rear set up is a triangulated 4 link. Not sure if that makes a difference for you or not

Not sure any of the set UPS will allow the all jacked up look though. They usually put the car at a stock or lower height.

I always had great results with Chris Alston's Chassisworks stuff. As for the "look", all 4 link set ups I've ever seen have at least some adjustability for final ride height on the coil-over mounts (can also be set with upper x-member location)

I want a 4-Link coil over rear end I know that, but there are many brands out there, which is the best? Control Freaks (Mr. Norm's company) offered me a really good deal on their set, but I haven't heard of anybody really running that setup. Then their is Magnum Force which is more common along with other companies, any input would be greatly appreciated. Added note, I don't want it lowered, I actually want to make my scamp look like the hemi dart factory pro-street models.

that control freak set up is a triangulated 4 link and and the magnumfoce is more a drag type of set up with a lit more adjustibility. what exactly do you want from the car? straight line or to corner? if you go triangulated i would go RMS over the CF myself.

Is the IFS that both Control Freaks and Magnum Force offer truly worth the price? For 6,000+ I want to be sure, so whats every bodies opinions on them when drag racing/daily driving/corner carving/braking.

the CF front end in a knock off of the RMS alter-k-tion in round tube instead of square. search the different forums about the magnumforce front ends and you'll see a lot of guys with fitment and geometry issues. again i would go with the prooven set up which is the RMS unit.

i'm running the RMS front and rear suspension. racing my 60' went from a 1.69 to a 1.63 putting the rear set up in. daily driving would be no issue, corners is awesome. feels like a modern car. braking.. there are many options out there for the RMS set up so it really depends what direction you choose to go there.

do yourself a favor and give bill at RMS a call. even if you don't end up buying from him talk and see what he offers and if it sounds like something you are interested in. at the every least i'm sure information he gives you will help you make a decision on what set up to buy.

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/
Reilly MotorSports, Inc.
2323 White Haven Rd.
White Haven, PA. 18661
Phone - 570-443-7440

A-body Joe should get the "Salesman of the year award"....for the last couple of years

no better salesman than a satisfied customer.....good job RMS.....

P.S...I'm not being sarcastic...I like his products too

A-body Joe should get the "Salesman of the year award"....for the last couple of years

no better salesman than a satisfied customer.....good job RMS.....

P.S...I'm not being sarcastic...I like his products too

shoot he should get a sales commission

**** i should ask to be put on the pay roll...lol

seriously though. i'm a totally satisfied customer and i have and still follow any threads about the suspension systems out there to see what new products are out there and possible issues customers may have and **** like that.

-
Back